• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Anyone have a better solution for front license plate - no drilling?

friscoaggie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Expedition, Rogue, Cruze, '54 F-100, 24 Mustang DH
How diligent are the police in enforcing the front plate? I’m a bit of a rebel and would drive without it until a cop said something.
I think it, in Texas, it is just a free justification to pull you over. I got stopped by a highway patrol during the day in a Nissan Rogue. No ticket or formal warning, just volunteered was coming home from some target shooting and, of course was waiting for delivery of the front plate mount which was actually a true story. She was just fishing.
Sponsored

samson

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'24 GT Convertible 401A, AVE, Brembos
How diligent are the police in enforcing the front plate? I’m a bit of a rebel and would drive without it until a cop said something.
I got pulled over in my Wrangler for no front plate. I was really shocked they pulled me over since we have tons of PA and DE cars in this area which don't require front tags. As others have said it's more of just an excuse to pull you over to see if anything more important is going on like warrants. I got a warning. I actually had it with me but forgot to put it back on.

Zig

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
gt pp, Xt5 Sprt, c6 f55, 1500 z71, fatboy, sprtstr
I got pulled over in my Wrangler for no front plate. I was really shocked they pulled me over since we have tons of PA and DE cars in this area which don't require front tags. As others have said it's more of just an excuse to pull you over to see if anything more important is going on like warrants. I got a warning. I actually had it with me but forgot to put it back on.
By chance do they pull you over from the rear?

samson

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
By chance do they pull you over from the rear?
I believe they were sitting on the shoulder so they had to see me from the front, watch me go by, then see what tag I had on in the back (Maryland). I wasn't speeding or anything, but yes they eventuallypulled me over the old fashioned way from behind. I may simply run without it or put the plate in the windshield while driving and hope for the best. I'm not drilling the bumper, no way.

DukeCLR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GTP, PP,AVE,MR. 2018 Mustang GT PP1,
I was going to let them put the mount here and my sales guy told me he hasn't had a front plate in years and hasn't been pulled over, I also have tinted windows in my S550 and F 150 and haven't had any issues yet, so I just put the plate in the glove box.

thelostone

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang
S650 Mustang Anyone have a better solution for front license plate - no drilling? IMG_0729
S650 Mustang Anyone have a better solution for front license plate - no drilling? IMG_0733
S650 Mustang Anyone have a better solution for front license plate - no drilling? IMG_0732
S650 Mustang Anyone have a better solution for front license plate - no drilling? IMG_1428
S650 Mustang Anyone have a better solution for front license plate - no drilling? IMG_1439
S650 Mustang Anyone have a better solution for front license plate - no drilling? IMG_1440

Done …and yes some cars have the 360 adaptive cruise but mine don’t so no sensor in the center grill .:. Yes bracket can be relocated anywhere on front ..and yes it’s Texas State trooper approved ..follow my images and you’ll figure it out ..lol

Last edited:

highvoltage

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT 6spd
IMG_0729.jpeg
IMG_0733.jpeg
IMG_0732.jpeg
IMG_1428.jpeg
IMG_1439.jpeg
IMG_1440.jpeg

Done …and yes some cars have the 360 adaptive cruise but mine don’t so no sensor in the center grill .:. Yes bracket can relocated anywhere on front ..and yes it’s Texas State trooper approved ..follow my images and you’ll figure it out ..lol
looks good

samson

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)

Matts2024GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT Vapor Blue

DaddyTigggs

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang EcoBoost Conv.
I should also mention that if you mount it in your windshield as I did, you should use a silicone rubber license plate frame too. This will offer a bit of protection from the edges should you have an accident and you won't have to stare at the bare metal on the back of the plate.
https://www.amazon.com/Rightcar-Solutions-Flawless-Silicone-License/dp/B07CV5PLFM/ref=sr_1_1_sspa?keywords=black+silicone+license+plate+frame&sr=8-1-spons&sp_csd=d2lkZ2V0TmFtZT1zcF9hdGY&th=1
Do check your state though, this is not legal in all states. I did the 5" L-brackets, and it works great. I'd post a pick, my baby is in the shop with a water leak. :-(

GongZilla

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Ford Mustang GT Premium 400a package
I found this video from this forum for a no-drill solution to mounting a front license plate:
2024 S650 Mustang No Drill Front License Plate Install

This seems like it will work but my only issue with it is it will take effort on my part 😁 . Has anyone found a purchasable option to mount a front license plate that is minimal to no effort? Links would be appreciated.
wonder if this would work... says universal.
https://www.madhornets.com/universa...se-plate-mounting-bracket-kit-for-ford-black/

martin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ecoboost; coupe; guard; dark-saddle; MT; PP; Nav;
I keep mine in the trunk
My sales person at the dealer said it would break his heart to drill holes

DaddyTigggs

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang EcoBoost Conv.

highvoltage

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT 6spd
You need to have the Toe Hook receiver, which is not included on all builds. From what I can figure, and this not confirmed by FORD, that only the Perf Pack builds get the receiver. Check behind the square cutout before you invest in any Toe Hook License Plate holder.
This is corrrect. PP and DH are the only ones who actually have a tow hook mount behind the little plastic piece. I made my own mount behind that plastic piece. My pics are 1 or 2 pages back.
Sponsored