• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Battery Tender?

OP
OP
DCS

DCS

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Lincoln Continental Reserve; 2024 Mustang GT
My GT350 (2017) are always hooked up on my battery tender never had a single issue, but on the other hand, my 2024 has some issues from the start. They have to jumpstarted my car twice from the dealership because it’s completely drained. and when I got home I plugged it in for five days to get it fully charged and trickle charge. I have the battery tender Junior I think it will not be a problem..

IMG_4188.jpeg
Bingo!:like:
Sponsored

RaceRedder

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Dark Horse HP
Believe me, I have considered it! The problem is in the winter you're dealing with near freezing temperatures in the morning and in the summer temperatures over 100 degrees. I like my creature comforts and prefer not getting sweaty unless I can clean up afterward. Where I live is somewhat on the edge of town so sidewalks are spotty. A horse might be a better option but the HOA would have fits.
Last but not least, most things are located much farther away. I have two grocery store, about 6 hamburger places, about 5 pizza joints, about 3 places that serve Mexican food and two Chinese places within 3 miles of me but Costco, Sams club and better restaurants are much further away.
I don't mind cooking for myself and I do but hauling all the food home on a bicycle is a bit impractical.
I guess that is to be expected as this is a bedroom community populated by younger people who tend to eat a fair amount of fast food.
I also live in the snow when it's winter and the summers are very hot, but I drive whenever I can. Very hot summers are no problem for driving at all. Put my AC on and I go on roadtrips.

To each their own, but I will never understand why people by 60k cars just to have them in their garage to look at it.

I drive 20k miles per year.

Dena

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
96 Mustang GT, 24 Red Dark horse premium Manual
I also live in the snow when it's winter and the summers are very hot, but I drive whenever I can. Very hot summers are no problem for driving at all. Put my AC on and I go on roadtrips.

To each their own, but I will never understand why people by 60k cars just to have them in their garage to look at it.

I drive 20k miles per year.
It comes out of the garage 5 times a week for work and I enjoy every minute of it. It's just that I live 3 miles from work unlike my mother who lives 30 miles from work. There are longer trips but not often enough to put a bunch of miles on it. I intend for this to be the last car I buy so consider it a little personal treat.

RaceRedder

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Dark Horse HP
It comes out of the garage 5 times a week for work and I enjoy every minute of it. It's just that I live 3 miles from work unlike my mother who lives 30 miles from work. There are longer trips but not often enough to put a bunch of miles on it. I intend for this to be the last car I buy so consider it a little personal treat.
Gotcha.

JAM486HP

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT Premium
Congrats on your schedule BTW. I have a NOCO genius 5, good for AGM, and it has a repair mode Desulfator. I bough it as a maintainer assuming the repair mode was a gimmick.
I have another "garage queen" that sits for weeks, put maybe 2K mile a year. Battery was well sulfated, only holding 75% charge. Was going to replace the 8yo battery thought I'd test the repair mode first. To my suprise, Ran it through a couple repair cycles, gave it a full slow charge and it is good as new, hold full charge now.

Have not used it on the GT yet. Mine went from factory to my in a few weeks, didn't sit around like all the first round production. Plus, with remote start and rev, if I'm not gonna rune her that day, I use that feature for now just to juice it. If it's going to site for more than a week, I'll put iton the maintainer.

dusman59

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 gt
I put the Noco genuis 5 right after I brought it home for a couple of days. No battery issues. I will use it on my other Mustang if it sits longer than 6 weeks. 5 weeks it will start with no problems.

OP
OP
DCS

DCS

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I put the Noco genuis 5 right after I brought it home for a couple of days. No battery issues. I will use it on my other Mustang if it sits longer than 6 weeks. 5 weeks it will start with no problems.
Why did you pick the 5 amp over the 2 amp model?

dusman59

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 gt
5 amp will be faster when I use it on my other car since I will only use it around six weeks of not driving it. There is a chart that NOCO provides showing charge times for their different models they sell.

OP
OP
DCS

DCS

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
5 amp will be faster when I use it on my other car since I will only use it around six weeks of not driving it. There is a chart that NOCO provides showing charge times for their different models they sell.
This is true, but for a “tender” it seems a bit overkill.

SAL-E

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 EcoBoost Rapid Red
A faster charger can always go slow, but a slow charger cannot go faster. It all depends on your needs and expectations. Instead of taking 5 days to charge, it takes one.

Sofa King

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Ecoboost, Vapor Blue, HPP
This is true, but for a “tender” it seems a bit overkill.
Another NOCO 5 user here.... if you look at the specs for the different models, they say what AmpHour battery size they recommend. The 2Amp one is rated for 40 AH... our batteries are bigger than that... 70AH.

OP
OP
DCS

DCS

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Another NOCO 5 user here.... if you look at the specs for the different models, they say what AmpHour battery size they recommend. The 2Amp one is rated for 40 AH... our batteries are bigger than that... 70AH.
OK, OK! You all won me over! NOCO 5 ordered yesterday.

Tim_CO

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang EcoBoost Premium
Hello All - Noob her with battery tenders...

I just ordered the Noco Genuis 5. Do I need to disconnect the car from the battery before connecting the battery tender?

Thanks,
Tim

OP
OP
DCS

DCS

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hello All - Noob her with battery tenders...

I just ordered the Noco Genuis 5. Do I need to disconnect the car from the battery before connecting the battery tender?

Thanks,
Tim
No. In fact, disconnecting the battery from the car will cause problems with the electronics.
When connecting, connect the negative clamp (black) first to the negative terminal of the battery. Then connect the positive (red) clamp to the positive terminal of the battery.
Sponsored