• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

OP
OP
Zach@Granger

Zach@Granger

Gold Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.grangerford.com
Vehicle(s)
2003 Cobra Mustang
What Extended Warranty Should I Buy?

This is probably the most common question we receive on a daily basis. There is no one-size fits all solution to this, but I'm going to do my best to shed some light on this topic.

There are 2 main questions to consider regarding the purchase of an extended warranty. First, is how many miles do you drive a year? The average driver in the United States drives 13,500 miles annually. Do you drive more or less? Second, How long do you normally keep a vehicle? 8.4 Years is the national average for a new car purchased in the United States.

I would advise the average American new car driver to purchase an 8-year 100,000 mile or 9-year and 125,000 mile extended through Ford Protect. This would provide enough coverage to ensure they are protected from risk while driving the vehicle and contribute to a great re-sale value when they are done driving the vehicle and look to sell or trade it in without any outstanding issues.

What we’ve found Is the majority of our customers opt for a 7- or 8-year coverage and between 100,000-125,000 miles as their desired coverage as well. 50% of our customers opt for those terms and coverages.

Here is a sample of about 3,000 of our customers and what term and mileage they opted for when picking out a contract.

S650 Mustang Ford Mustang Extended Warranty @ $25 Over Dealer Cost- PAYMENT PLANS AVAILABLE!!! 1686774890088

As always, you can find the best pricing on our website www.grangerfordextendedwarranty.com

Zach
Sponsored

OP
OP
Zach@Granger

Zach@Granger

Gold Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.grangerford.com
Vehicle(s)
2003 Cobra Mustang
We're a little over halfway through the year and we're happy to say we've save our customers over $2,000,000 from MSRP on Ford Protect Extended Warranty Plans! We have done the shopping for you and have the cheapest price online! If you find a cheaper price we'll be happy to price match!

Visit www.grangerfordextendedwarranty.com for live quotes on your Ford or Lincoln Vehicle!

Thank you to everyone who has referred a friend or family member to us!

OP
OP
Zach@Granger

Zach@Granger

Gold Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.grangerford.com
Vehicle(s)
2003 Cobra Mustang
Now that deliveries are starting for the S650 don't forget we're the best place to buy an extended warranty on all that fancy new technology! www.grangerfordextendedwarranty.com

Skye

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
"Skye" Mach1 N2144
don't forget we're the best place to buy an extended warranty
^ This, +1.

At a minimum, I saved hundreds of $$$ for a Ford plan versus anyone else.

Granger's site makes it easy and painless. You'll have a review and confirmation in about 1-2 business days. Information will be available via Ford Pass app afterwards.

Edit: if you're not sure of duration of coverage, extent (type of plan), price and all that, Granger's site allow you to go back and forth and change things to find the sweet spot, before purchasing.

Last edited:

OP
OP
Zach@Granger

Zach@Granger

Gold Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.grangerford.com
Vehicle(s)
2003 Cobra Mustang
Not available in Florida?
We cannot use a Florida address to register a contract. However, if you have a Non-Florida address we can use, we can assist.

angermgmt14

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium--Oxford White--A6
Just to clarify, the prices listed are the prices we'll pay? Or do we pick what we want and we'll be sent the "actual" price that is $50 above dealer cost?

Skye

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
"Skye" Mach1 N2144
Not available in Florida?
FL requires the provider to be licensed by the state of FL, even if they are a Ford dealer offering a Ford warranty. IDK how many out-of-state Ford dealers are licensed to sell in FL, but I imagine it is not many.

Last edited:

Skye

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
"Skye" Mach1 N2144
Just to clarify, the prices listed are the prices we'll pay? Or do we pick what we want and we'll be sent the "actual" price that is $50 above dealer cost?
To the first question: Correct.

My experience, it was a typical Internet purchase. Using the Granger website referenced in this thread, I paid the price displayed at checkout.

Edit: One to two days after the Internet purchase, someone from the Granger team e-mailed me the warranty contract, to review. I confirmed everything I'd asked for had been selected and the car information was correct. Within an hour or two of my confirmation, everything was aprooved and the deal was done. I received a copy of the completed contract. Within one day, all information was displayed in the Ford Pass app and Ford's warranty database.

Last edited:

Aramis76

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Wouldn't mind a dealer in Canada offering the same thing!!!

OP
OP
Zach@Granger

Zach@Granger

Gold Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.grangerford.com
Vehicle(s)
2003 Cobra Mustang
We are almost 1 month away from Ford performing their annual price increase on Extended Warranty products. Normally, we have prices released by now, but no word yet. I would anticipate a larger than normal increase this year given the impact inflation has had on the cost of repairs.

If you're on the fence I would encourage you to purchase now before the price increases take effect on www.grangerfordextendedwarranty.com on October 1st!

dfwford

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Ford Mustang GT Premium
Last edited:

DannyJ7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Ecoboost Premium, Carbonized Gray
The link below has brochures and a chart you can review that breaks down what each package covers.

IMO, to be safe, I would go with PremiumCare...

https://fordprotect.ford.com/extended-service-plan
After reviewing, solid recommendation.
Just bought 8yr, 100,000mi Premium Care, $100 deductible.
After 42,000 FordPass points, it came to $1,230.

For piece of mind, I'm good with this.

OP
OP
Zach@Granger

Zach@Granger

Gold Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.grangerford.com
Vehicle(s)
2003 Cobra Mustang
After reviewing, solid recommendation.
Just bought 8yr, 100,000mi Premium Care, $100 deductible.
After 42,000 FordPass points, it came to $1,230.

For piece of mind, I'm good with this.
Thank you for the business!

We have been asked what the price increase is, and we don't know. Once we have that information we'll pass it along ASAP.

DannyJ7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Ecoboost Premium, Carbonized Gray
Thank you for the business!

We have been asked what the price increase is, and we don't know. Once we have that information we'll pass it along ASAP.
Buying today means I shouldn't be under the new pricing, right?
Sponsored