• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

tobaccokid

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350, 1965 GT350 #028 & #383
Thank you for this! I think it looks better all painted than the giant black plastic piece.

SO MUCH BETTER!!! The S650 taillights are disproportionately small. This edit is perfect.
I tend to agree with the original post that if the piece below the headlights were body color the lines you see, especially on a lighter color car, are not harmoneous with the rest of the body lines.
Sponsored

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT/CS
I tend to agree with the original post that if the piece below the headlights were body color the lines you see, especially on a lighter color car, are not harmoneous with the rest of the body lines.
Well we are a long way from production so hopefully someone within Ford is reading Social Media and suggests a change. It could happen.

MustangMac67

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F250
Do you think there is a way to swap the 2015 headlights into this one and vise versa?

TheEndarkenment

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mercedes W203 - C280 =(
I think gloss black our seriously help the black plastic under the headlights. I actually don't mind the big black grille look TOO much since it is vaguely reminiscence of old school muscle cars and their big headlight to headlight grilles and phantom grilles.

The same issue happened on the Camaro refresh a couple years ago. They made the RS model and barebones V8 have a larger grille again, with some black plastic under the headlights. Gives it that heritage/old school look a bit again. But the issue is the squinty headlights aren't big enough to fill up the whole space like in the old school 60s grilles. So we get this plastic underneath.

But yeah... I would probably at some kind of gloss layer on top of the black. I think it would work a bit better than the body color with the odd lines that remain.

Vertex

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1
Really want to make the upgrade to a GT... Preferably a dark horse after driving two ecos since 2015.

But I just have a feeling the dark horse is going to come in right under $75k and that's before the dealer mark up that you know good and well is coming.

So I guess I'll set my sights on a GT performance loaded up.

But I really want a Dark horse lol.

Also still hate the tails.
I can't really imagine it being much more than a premium Mach 1 myself. Maybe slightly higher just due to the fact it's going to have slightly more with the updated interior and small engine updates as well. At least I'm hoping. Don't plan on trading my Mach 1 in on it, but if I do go for a new S650 it will be the DH or something better and nothing less.

Seems to me the pieces in question people are talking about under the lights are painted Magnetic and the wing looks like it may be as well which is very similar to the front bumper and pieces under the blinkers/running lights and the wing on the Mach 1 with the handling pack. Love the magnetic painted trim pieces honestly

SunkenShadow

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1997 Mercedes E320
Even with the edits for a repaint (with the lines), it looks better than the sleepy/drugged out look from the bags under its headlights. Reminds me too much of a Honda/Acura front end.

Dragster

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT PP
The other problem with the front end is that you have gloss black grilles with the weird gray parts around the headlights. It doesn't mesh and the design just doesn't look cohesive to me. There's also gloss black around the lower outside vents.

I feel like it would look better if it was all gloss black or all dark gray.

When the S550 debuted, I immediately liked it. This isn't happening this time, unfortunately...

Patio208

GT350 Member
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT 500 #L2287
It certainly looks best paired with darker colors. Blue Ember was made for it. Vapor would look cool too. White may be a bridge too far for this particular look.

MyStang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT
The Chargmaro, is not exactly the poster car I was hoping for.
Guess I will have to wait for 7.3 Boss!

Kermut

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1
A base Mach 1 starts at $56,270. I think a base Dark House will also come in around there. Can't speak to ADM's at this point but maybe, just maybe Ford will back up their talk about stopping them.
Iā€™m betting over $60k. I think it was C/D that guessed $62.5k.

The front end is awful, the eye bags being the biggest issue. Itā€™s gonna age like sour milk. The GT looks way better.

This is the Australian motor sports car. I wish it looked more like this, it would actually buy one:

https://images.drive.com.au/driveau...o:eco,w_1200/cms/uploads/pgnopzxji4qng9qdz68h

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT/CS
Iā€™m betting over $60k. I think it was C/D that guessed $62.5k.

The front end is awful, the eye bags being the biggest issue. Itā€™s gonna age like sour milk. The GT looks way better.

This is the Australian motor sports car. I wish it looked more like this, it would actually buy one:

https://images.drive.com.au/driveau...o:eco,w_1200/cms/uploads/pgnopzxji4qng9qdz68h
I think you are right on the pricing as it appears the standard DH will have premium Mach 1 equipment. We will know soon enough.

And remember you do not see the front end from behind the wheel. That's what everyone said after the 18' refresh. :giggle:

Kermut

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1
And remember you do not see the front end from behind the wheel. That's what everyone said after the 18' refresh. :giggle:
No, but you do get to see the ugly ass iPad display that Ford didnā€™t bother to try and integrate into the dash at all

Seriously everything about this car is a disappointment aside from the likely performance increase. Front, interior, rear are all downgrades. Honestly I think the GT looks better than the DH. The ember blue paint is cool though, and Iā€™m really curious as to how much of an improvement the steering feel will be

because_murica

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Camaro SS-1LE
Seriously everything about this car is a disappointment aside from the likely performance increase. Front, interior, rear are all downgrades.

At the very least, it's orders of magnitude better than the mistake that was the '18 refresh šŸ˜‚
Sponsored