• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Will s650 seats sit lower?

NS90

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GFY
I remember reading something on reveal day that claimed that Ford raised the roofline, I just don’t see it

But considering that the seats are the same, it’s not like they’d have a different H point for the driver and that sets the reference point when measuring headroom in a car, so it has to be the roofline
Spot on. This is where deductive reasoning has me concluded as well.
Sponsored

OP
OP

codemanstang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 GT Prem
Hopefully we get someone in the seat in the next few months

currently the s550 passenger seats will be able to go lower than the driver. I don't think it would take much engineering to match that and maybe ford will gift us tall guys

OP
OP

codemanstang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 GT Prem
How tall are we talking? I'd like to think I'm on the taller side and I can sit in the S550 just fine.
Height is subjective. Eveyone has different variances within height. Longer legs vs longer torso or shorter arms etc. so what may work for one guy that's 6ft4 may not work for another the same height

NS90

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GFY
The seats in the S550, and very likely S650, is designed around the 95th percentile male which is 6'2.

Zcarmenb28

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Camaro ZL1, 22 Supra 3.0
Re-reading the original statement from Ford, they may have made a change to the moulding near the door. Airbag advances have made them smaller, leading to smaller moulding, making it a little easier to get thru the door with a helmet. Just a guess.
I agree with this. It’s pretty obvious to me that they didn’t change the sheet metal part of the roof. They may have slightly re-contoured the roof liner and molding around the window, allowing for slightly more helmet access. It could be 1 mm for all we know, but Ford will still claim that gain.
Sponsored