• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Which spoiler is the best looking?

TheRuthlessObliterator

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT Premium
Hey guys,

I ordered my mustang without the spoiler and thinking to add an after market spoiler after I receive it.

TBH, I'm not gonna take my mustang to a track so not looking for any performance upgrade, just cosmetic. If it gives me additional downforce, even better lol.

That said, I had two options in mind.

1) 2023 Mach 1 Style with gurney flap:

S650 Mustang Which spoiler is the best looking? 1693352742227

2) Performance Pack Style:

S650 Mustang Which spoiler is the best looking? 1693352809592

Which one do you think will be better looking? I dont like ducktail or wickerbill spoilers.

If you guys have any other suggestions like the GT500 track pack style (shown below), please drop them here.

S650 Mustang Which spoiler is the best looking? 1693352899542

TIA!
Sponsored

angermgmt14

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium--Oxford White--A6
Not sure if you care/know but if you order without the spoiler you will need to drill your own holes in the trunk lid. As far as I know most aftermarket spoilers use the factory holes to bolt on their spoiler and even if you went with the OEM DH spoiler it "should" use the factory holes. Another thing that we don't know yet (unless others do) is the Mach 1 HP spoiler or any other previous years spoilers may not bolt on directly to this new model year. I don't want to have myself or anyone else drill holes into my car so if you're not comfortable with either I would just get whatever spoiler comes with whatever you order. Just my thoughts/recommendation.

OP
OP
TheRuthlessObliterator

TheRuthlessObliterator

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT Premium
Not sure if you care/know but if you order without the spoiler you will need to drill your own holes in the trunk lid. As far as I know most aftermarket spoilers use the factory holes to bolt on their spoiler and even if you went with the OEM DH spoiler it "should" use the factory holes. Another thing that we don't know yet (unless others do) is the Mach 1 HP spoiler or any other previous years spoilers may not bolt on directly to this new model year. I don't want to have myself or anyone else drill holes into my car so if you're not comfortable with either I would just get whatever spoiler comes with whatever you order. Just my thoughts/recommendation.
Yes, I am aware that I will have to drill the holes. Also, I am aware that most of the spoilers use the factory drilled holes. That said, I don't like the flat flush mount spoiler that comes with the Mustang, I am looking for something sportier and don't want to limit myself to designs that use the factory holes.

The point you made about older spoilers not fitting S650 makes sense. But I am assuming same kinds of designs will be available for S650 too or maybe even the olders ones will fir the new trunk idk yet. I'm just trying to imagine my car with these spoiler designs and think ahead I guess.

Also, I want to create my own performance package over the years: New coil over kit, strut tower brace, sway bars, a wider body kit down the road, and so on. So, while I am uncomfortable to drill holes on the trunk, I want to get a sportier spoiler. I am thinking to get it done by experienced, well reputed body shop.

Thanks for your opinion!

Zig

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
gt pp, Xt5 Sprt, c6 f55, 1500 z71, fatboy, sprtstr
So, while I am uncomfortable to drill holes on the trunk, I want to get a sportier spoiler. I am thinking to get it done by experienced, well reputed body shop.

Thanks for your opinion!
you could also order a second trunk lid. One with holes and one without

JAL

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
I did that for my S-550. I had my daily trunk with PP2 spoiler, and a spare to install a big wing for track days. I did not want to drive around with a wing.
Very easy / quick swap.

SoggyBottomBoy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
N/A
I did that for my S-550. I had my daily trunk with PP2 spoiler, and a spare to install a big wing for track days. I did not want to drive around with a wing.
Very easy / quick swap.
why wouldnt you drive with a wing lol, makes the car look 100% better

OP
OP
TheRuthlessObliterator

TheRuthlessObliterator

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT Premium
Can we do that at the dealer? How much would it cost to order an extra trunk lid?

OP
OP
TheRuthlessObliterator

TheRuthlessObliterator

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT Premium
tbh they're all too small for me, i plan to get a much bigger one like
1693419993593.png
I love these size spoilers but they wouldn't look this attractive with stock body and suspension in my opinion. If we get adjustable coil overs, a wide body kit etc, this will look badass. For that, it's gonna be a while for me, so I want to stick with pedestal spoiler for now and upgrade later when I get a new body kit.

2024S650

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 S550
Hey guys,

I ordered my mustang without the spoiler and thinking to add an after market spoiler after I receive it.

TBH, I'm not gonna take my mustang to a track so not looking for any performance upgrade, just cosmetic. If it gives me additional downforce, even better lol.

1693352742227.png

1693352809592.png

Which one do you think will be better looking? I dont like ducktail or wickerbill spoilers.

If you guys have any other suggestions like the GT500 track pack style (shown below), please drop them here.

1693352899542.png

TIA!
Interesting statements at 8:40 in this video. May be worth listening to.

OP
OP
TheRuthlessObliterator

TheRuthlessObliterator

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT Premium
Interesting statements at 8:40 in this video. May be worth listening to.
That is interesting. But it wasn't clear to me. Did he mean that we can take off the panel and bolt on the spoiler? Meaning, we can take off the spoiler and put back the panel? Or is he saying we can get a separate panel on which we can drill holes and use it for a spoiler by removing the default panel?

Did anyone understand that?

2024S650

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 S550
That is interesting. But it wasn't clear to me. Did he mean that we can take off the panel and bolt on the spoiler? Meaning, we can take off the spoiler and put back the panel? Or is he saying we can get a separate panel on which we can drill holes and use it for a spoiler by removing the default panel?

Did anyone understand that?
I believe he specifically said no drilling etc….if you look at the recent posts today of spoiler shots you will see the panel he is referring to on those cars too. I’m not sure how the aftermarket will be doing it. I would think at max you would have to just buy an easy bolt on color matched panel and not an entire trunk like before. He makes it sound like the replacement spoiler will incorporate the panel but how would that be color matched??????maybe just black or non painted….
S650 Mustang Which spoiler is the best looking? IMG_1366

JAL

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
why wouldnt you drive with a wing lol, makes the car look 100% better
Yes I agree, but I was driving it on the streets too. Last thing I wanted was to get pulled over by the cops and sent to mechanical inspection and have to tear down all my suspension mods and pay a fine. I did not attract attention and I was never stopped in 2-1/2 years of ownership.

SoggyBottomBoy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
N/A
Yes I agree, but I was driving it on the streets too. Last thing I wanted was to get pulled over by the cops and sent to mechanical inspection and have to tear down all my suspension mods and pay a fine. I did not attract attention and I was never stopped in 2-1/2 years of ownership.
Why would you be pulled over? Is a wing illegal or something?

REV745DH24

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Dark Horse
Hey guys,

1693352742227.png

1693352809592.png

1693352899542.png

TIA!
Sponsored