• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

We should find out....very soon.....

JohnP

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT Convertible
There has been a great deal of speculation about the timing of the new 2024 Mustang delivery to dealerships. Many are concerned that there are real 'quality issues' that have created delays. Others believe that 'supply chain' issues caused delays (because Ford has sent actual emails claiming this is the case). Some think that the 'delays' are simply associated with their scheduled and predetermined marketing/promo plans.

Well, we should now find out this week or next. The drip marketing campaign of EcoBoost, GT and Dark Horse is now complete. The online video reviews from the self-proclaimed experts have now flooded social media. The world has been teased, teased and teased again.

So, is Ford actually ready to start shipping cars to dealerships and start turning sales? Or are they really plagued with 'issues' that will cause real delays in local deliveries/sales?

Man, I'm hoping this was nothing more than marketing hype.
Sponsored

Instant Action

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
392 Wrangler, '24 VB Mustang GT PP Vert 6sp
This same thing happened when I was waiting for my Bronco Raptor. After I had the confirmed build it sat in a massive lot for close to 60 days before being released for shipping. They said at the time it was for QC, while others speculated it was for updated parts. When the shipping started they started leaving the plants storage lots pretty quickly. From the looks of it, the Mustang might be in the same situation.

Downtown Canada

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT
I was using the Ford Performance Chat this morning, and perhaps our Mustangs will be loaded and transported very soon. Take a look...
S650 Mustang We should find out....very soon..... 1690896744132

S650 Mustang We should find out....very soon..... 1690896813011

OP
OP
JohnP

JohnP

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT Convertible
I just connected using Ford Chat this morning. I ordered the car 5/24/23. GT Premium Convertible. Current car status shows "In Production" 7/24/23. I was just told that it has been produced and now has an ETA for delivery 8/1-8/7.

If that proves true, then this 'delay' seems to be tied to their marketing strategy/schedule vs. production limitations or quality issues. Now they may have some parts shortages (like NP). But I'm hoping this is accurate. That would be a very good sign for all of us with outstanding orders.

Now, I really have to exercise personal patience. Because this was my original order and the dealer screwed it up. They left off AVE and I decided not to live without it. So, my actual car isn't scheduled for production until 9/14/23. But I'd be quite happy to see Ford delivering these cars this week and next. That would give me hope that I'll be into mine by October. Hate that delay but it should be worth waiting for.

BTW if you are interested in the original GT Premium Convertible that I ordered (Vapor Blue, Space Gray, 401A, Performance PKG, Grabber Blue brakes, etc.) WITHOUT AVE, I know where you can pick it up.

S650 Mustang We should find out....very soon..... Mustang Update.PNG

Stratman397

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 jeep grand Cherokee, 2006 rubicon
I just connected using Ford Chat this morning. I ordered the car 5/24/23. GT Premium Convertible. Current car status shows "In Production" 7/24/23. I was just told that it has been produced and now has an ETA for delivery 8/1-8/7.

If that proves true, then this 'delay' seems to be tied to their marketing strategy/schedule vs. production limitations or quality issues. Now they may have some parts shortages (like NP). But I'm hoping this is accurate. That would be a very good sign for all of us with outstanding orders.

Now, I really have to exercise personal patience. Because this was my original order and the dealer screwed it up. They left off AVE and I decided not to live without it. So, my actual car isn't scheduled for production until 9/14/23. But I'd be quite happy to see Ford delivering these cars this week and next. That would give me hope that I'll be into mine by October. Hate that delay but it should be worth waiting for.

BTW if you are interested in the original GT Premium Convertible that I ordered (Vapor Blue, Space Gray, 401A, Performance PKG, Grabber Blue brakes, etc.) WITHOUT AVE, I know where you can pick it up.

Mustang Update.PNG
Now if it were atlas blue instead and manual, I would have taken you up on this

marcekb

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT Premium, 2024 GT Premium ordered
And the speculation continues with full authority. Ford just has to love the rumor mill we create all by ourselves. Ford keeps quiet (against our wishes) and watches us make up stories to calm ourselves. 😉

For the record, someone will eventually be right in all this speculation. Still won't mean they had a clue.

marcekb

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT Premium, 2024 GT Premium ordered
7/17 - 7/27 ETA from the dealer. Expecting it in on the 24th
Hearing/seeing the same <July 14 is the day>
That or 7/24 when the embargo is up
don't worry what folks here have to say. I've been real quiet on this but I tried to tell people OKTB was already achieved. Nobody listened or maybe few did and I got flack for that like Ford needed to pull out a front page news article to announce it soon as they got it, which they don't. I heard from my main source this morning that VERY VERY soon produced cars will be released.
It’ll be like Tuesday/Wednesday when they release em is what it seems to be shaping up as. Monday would be a pleasant surprise
8/4 is the day. Believe me or not, idrgaf. Not providing anymore info
I mean, if you don't want to explain why you aren't just taking another guess... Like I said, someone will eventually be right. Because even a blind squirrel finds an acorn once in a while.