• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Vehicle Transport Mode

friscoaggie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Expedition, Rogue, Cruze, '54 F-100, 24 Mustang DH
Question for all the experts out there. Cleaning the inside of my car, wiping buttons and all of a sudden a get a red banner that says that my car is now in vehicle transport mode and contact dealer. How the hell did I do that, and can I undo it myself. I drove it around the neighborhood and don't see any warnings on this mode, but that little trip would hardly violate vehicle transport parameters that may have been activated. Any advice on how to see if that mode is actually enabled and how to disable it if it is?

Thanks,
Joe
Sponsored

Skye

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
"Skye" Mach1 N2144
https://www.robsightford.com/transport-mode/

Transport Mode can be deactivated by at least one sequence of events. The link above provides a solution. There are also YouTube videos. While you wouldn't hurt anything by driving in that mode, you will be limited in various ways.

The feature is used to help prevent damaging the drivetrain while in the hands of the shippers. For example, limited rev ranges, no line lock, denial of various drive modes and the like.

If for some reason you cannot deactivate it, the dealer should be able to.

I've read comments elsewhere the mode will automatically deactivate after driving 50 miles.

OP
OP
friscoaggie

friscoaggie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
https://www.robsightford.com/transport-mode/

Transport Mode can be deactivated by at least one sequence of events. The link above provides a solution. There are also YouTube videos. While you wouldn't hurt anything by driving in that mode, you will be limited in various ways.

The feature is used to help prevent damaging the drivetrain while in the hands of the shippers. For example, limited rev ranges, no line lock, denial of various drive modes and the like.

If for some reason you cannot deactivate it, the dealer should be able to.

I've read comments elsewhere the mode will automatically deactivate after driving 50 miles.
Thanks, I started with the experts here, will watch this one and let everyone know what I find.

HWill

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT
You actually can disable it. Most vehicles are hardly ever put into transport mode now a days.
It is a combination of pedal presses to clear it. I'm not sure off the top of my head which ones it is. But a call or visit to your dealer can clear it if they wont tell you the sequence.

roket

Threads
Reaction score
Website
roket333.github.io
Vehicle(s)
2024 Ford Mustang Dark Horse
transport mode can be exited by pressing the brake 5 times then pressing the hazards 4 times (on, off, on, off)

OP
OP
friscoaggie

friscoaggie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Thanks, I started with the experts here, will watch this one and let everyone know what I find.
Honestly, at a loss at what actually happened other than the big box showed up on the center screen saying transport was active. Using the FOB programmed to my profile, started the car afterward and I cannot find any evidence that it is, in fact, in transport mode. I took it out this afternoon for a short drive, connected CarPlay, changed driving modes to sport mode, exceeded 5K RPM, nothing. I didn't do any fancy clicks on hazards or brakes so just going to write it off as some blip. Appreciate all the feedback regardless.

roket

Threads
Reaction score
Website
roket333.github.io
Vehicle(s)
Honestly, at a loss at what actually happened other than the big box showed up on the center screen saying transport was active. Using the FOB programmed to my profile, started the car afterward and I cannot find any evidence that it is, in fact, in transport mode. I took it out this afternoon for a short drive, connected CarPlay, changed driving modes to sport mode, exceeded 5K RPM, nothing. I didn't do any fancy clicks on hazards or brakes so just going to write it off as some blip. Appreciate all the feedback regardless.
do you happen to remember what the box said?

OP
OP
friscoaggie

friscoaggie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
do you happen to remember what the box said?
Memory says: Transport mode is enabled, contact dealer for support. Something like that.

OP
OP
friscoaggie

friscoaggie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tomorrow is a drive to work day. 18 miles mostly 80 on the freeway, will see if anything pops up.

roket

Threads
Reaction score
Website
roket333.github.io
Vehicle(s)
Memory says: Transport mode is enabled, contact dealer for support. Something like that.
thats really odd, the Mustang isnt one of the fords that disables the infotainment when in transport mode. the ones that do display a message like that in place of any interactive stuff on the screen
Sponsored