• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Upgraded Oil Pump Gears

RealDeal75

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 GT Premium
Has anyone heard if Ford has made these new motors with sturdier oil pump gears?
Sponsored

Gogoggansgo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang GT
This gen 4 engine is based on the 2021 f150 engine aka the gen 3.5 engine if you will, ford switched to external oil pump gears. Also oil pump gears aren’t really an issue unless it’s a gen 1 or maybe a gt350 DONT lose sleep over it

tdstuart

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium
This gen 4 engine is based on the 2021 f150 engine aka the gen 3.5 engine if you will, ford switched to external oil pump gears. Also oil pump gears aren’t really an issue unless it’s a gen 1 or maybe a gt350 DONT lose sleep over it
Do you have confirmation that the gen 4 coyote will implement the upgrades in the 2021 f150? Honestly didn't even know Ford had changed the coyote again.

Gogoggansgo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang GT
Do you have confirmation that the gen 4 coyote will implement the upgrades in the 2021 f150? Honestly didn't even know Ford had changed the coyote again.
One of the engineers mentioned in passing that they used the f150 engine as the base, because they had to get rid of the cylinder deactivation which would cause the redline to be 700rpm lower. If i can find that link to the interview I’ll post it, i thought it was the engine labs article but i was wrong lol
Sponsored