• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Gen 4 Oil Pump Gears?

xmustangx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
07 GT
Has the Oil Pump Gear issue been resolved in the Gen 4's? or would it still be wise to upgrade if going forced induction?
Sponsored

roket

Threads
Reaction score
Website
roket333.github.io
Vehicle(s)
2024 Ford Mustang Dark Horse
i would not worry unless you're going to be bouncing off the rev limiter a ton; and even then they updated something about them so they may be stronger. the GT350 with it's 8250RPM redline had the same oil pump gear as the 2015-2017 gen 2 and 2018-2023 gen 3 coyote engines

LethalPerformance

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500 CFTP, 2003 Cobra Yote Swapped, Braptor!
From my understanding the gears and sprocket carry over from the S550 but the housing itself is different. If you're going forced induction it's definitely good insurance to install them. They cost a lot less to purchase and install then the cost of a new shortblock. I had them installed on my Whipple powered 2018 GT 10 speed car which went 8.64@157. It was the only engine upgrade done on the car and it worked out great.

Let us know if there's anything we can help you with.

roket

Threads
Reaction score
Website
roket333.github.io
Vehicle(s)
i'll just say this: Ford + Whipple's supercharger kit that is coming out does not come with oil pump gears, but Ford says there's a 3 year/36000 mile warranty, and that kit makes at least 800hp and bumps up the redline 300rpm

LethalPerformance

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500 CFTP, 2003 Cobra Yote Swapped, Braptor!
i'll just say this: Ford + Whipple's supercharger kit that is coming out does not come with oil pump gears, but Ford says there's a 3 year/36000 mile warranty, and that kit makes at least 800hp and bumps up the redline 300rpm
True on the part about the warranty. However if you can have more insurance to avoid a failure and downtime for the cost of the parts and install it's worth it in my opinion. Especially if you plan on racing the car or decide to custom tune it later on to make more power once tuning support is available.

roket

Threads
Reaction score
Website
roket333.github.io
Vehicle(s)
True on the part about the warranty. However if you can have more insurance to avoid a failure and downtime for the cost of the parts and install it's worth it in my opinion. Especially if you plan on racing the car or decide to custom tune it later on to make more power once tuning support is available.
totally fair, can't go wrong with some insurance. about what actually changed, i don't know what did change (and i'm really not willing to pay ~$160 for 2 brand new oil pumps to disassemble them), but the pickup is the same. the engine block is also new, but the crank is from the gen 3 on the GTs (new crank on the DH)
Sponsored