• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Turning Auto Hold ON/OFF?

Ephedrine

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S650 GT
My Mustang is finally here.

I was playing around with it and noticed that you can program the favorite button to be used for either auto hold, exhaust mode and I forgot but there is another one.

The question is, is favorite button the only way to turn ON/OFF the Auto Hold?

I want to use favorite button for quite exhaust but I can't find the setting to turn Auto Hold ON/OFF
Sponsored

DaddyTigggs

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang EcoBoost Conv.
I have an Auto on/off button as the left most button in that that button bar with the favorites button. The only other way is to setup a custom drive mode. In there you can permanently turn off the Auto start/stop. The kicker is, the car does not autoload custom drive modes. When you get in, you have to hit the Drive Mode "up" arrow on the left hand side of the steering wheel twice. A little bit of a nuisance, but as soon as I start the car, I hit that "up" arrow twice and then put my seatbelt on and get settled. So it switches over before I'm ready to pull out anyway.

OhioGuy73

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang
To turn this on or off select Features on your Home Screen.

2024S650

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 S550
I have an Auto on/off button as the left most button in that that button bar with the favorites button. The only other way is to setup a custom drive mode. In there you can permanently turn off the Auto start/stop. The kicker is, the car does not autoload custom drive modes. When you get in, you have to hit the Drive Mode "up" arrow on the left hand side of the steering wheel twice. A little bit of a nuisance, but as soon as I start the car, I hit that "up" arrow twice and then put my seatbelt on and get settled. So it switches over before I'm ready to pull out anyway.
Auto Hold and Auto Start/Stop are different. They should be named something completely different, easily confused.

2024S650

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 S550
Sorry about that. I wasn't paying attention.
Hey, you are trying to help no apologies. It’s hard to keep up when so many things are named similarly. In addition the Auto Hold is a new feature for the S650, the S550 did not have this feature. I have a 2022 S550 and would love to have it.
Sponsored