• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

The new dashboard is a big mistake IMO

shogun32

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT+PP, SS+1LE, 2020 F150
I absolutely HATE the touchscreen in my F150 for the times I
it's why I no longer commute to work on my motorcycles.
Maybe I missed something obvious, but I am amazed I can't change between the 4 main screens of the Sync3 by voice. And to do so I have to FIRST hit the tiny Home button which mercifully is at the top left corner bounded by raised plastic so you can feel for it if nothing else.
Sponsored

JerryCarguy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT premium 2021 cally
I absolutely HATE the touchscreen in my F150 for the times I have to use it, but at least the HVAC in the truck has physical buttons and knobs that I can operate without looking at while driving. There are enough distracted drivers as it is due to phones, it's why I no longer commute to work on my motorcycles.

NHTSA could have a field day with these idiotic touchscreen-only vehicles if proven to be enough of a distraction (or reliability problem relating to safe operation)....

I could live with the rest of the S650, even though the styling isn't as good as the S550, in my opinion. But that dash design and the user interface kills any and all desire for the product for me.
Anything that makes you take your eyes off the road is a step backwards, way backwards. Factor in lack of 20/20 vision and the need to move your head .... Yikes!

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT/CS
Anything that makes you take your eyes off the road is a step backwards, way backwards. Factor in lack of 20/20 vision and the need to move your head .... Yikes!
The second screen takes the place of the Sync 3. It’s actually in a better, higher position. You shouldn’t need to look at it while you’re driving. That’s what voice controls are for. We’ve had screens for years so this is hardly a step backwards.

dmcg940

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Mustang GT Premium, Velocity Blue,94 Mustang GT
The best part of the 401a digital screens in the S550 is that there are hard buttons and knobs reinforcing the audio and HVAC controls. So much easier to use. So then I see that those are gone on the S650 because "all our market research showed no one wanted them." I call BS on that. All the best digital interfaces have hard control backups. All the Euro brands are figuring that out and reintroducing things like fan switches and volume knobs. Our brains are analog, and being able to work controls without looking at them is really important. A huge miss for the S650 team.

Stang 19

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT PPL2 Velocity Blue
And the frustratingly slow touch screen response times! Fagetabudit!

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT/CS
No. I don't want to talk to my car. Give me knobs, sliders and switches that I can adjust without looking, thanks.
I agree about the switchware but since we’re not getting it the conversation is really pointless.

I’ve never found my Sync 3 to be slow or laggy. Now Sync 2 was a whole other story.

Stang 19

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT PPL2 Velocity Blue
I agree about the switchware but since we’re not getting it the conversation is really pointless.

I’ve never found my Sync 3 to be slow or laggy. Now Sync 2 was a whole other story.
Which system is it in my 20 GT500? Thought it was 3? It is slow….

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT/CS
Which system is it in my 20 GT500? Thought it was 3? It is slow….
Sync 3 version 3 has in use since 2016. Version 3.1 came out in mid 2019. We are currently on version 3.4 which you have. Might want to check to see if you have the latest build #.

Crowd Hunter

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP1, 2012 BMW 135i FBO w/ MHD Stage 2+, 2015 Hyundai Equus
I suspect it is now cheaper for manufacturers to utilize touch screens rather than physical controls, especially when it comes to different trims. A touch screen only requires a programming flash to change/update based on whatever trim car it is in. Physical controls would require different buttons, circuits and trim panels from model to model (eco boost vs GT, base vs premium, etc.).

I dislike touch screens but I think it's here to stay. While cheaper for manufacturers, I'm sure it will cost a small fortune to replace for the consumer.
It's cheaper and probably requires less chips, since everything is controlled by one more powerful chip. It's definitely a cost cutter. The whole dash in the 7th gen looks terrible.

shogun32

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT+PP, SS+1LE, 2020 F150
yeah, I wanna beat the person who signed off on Sync3 Map response time senseless. Their pleas of "stop" will be responded to in the same manner as their software. Laggy, erratic, jumping all over the place, sporadically ignored...