• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Superficial Windshield Rock Chips

The Ghost

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Ford Mustang GT Premium Fastback
Naturally, on my first day having the Ghost back after almost two weeks, I got hit not by one, but TWO rocks on my windshield driving in to work on the freeway. I was able to find both of them. One of them seems like a "graze," (first photo). The second one has a slightly larger diameter but doesn't seem deep (second and third photos). I believe both of them are just superficial.

Debating if I should have them looked at. Do you all think these are fixable or should I just leave them be if they are in fact just on the surface?
S650 Mustang Superficial Windshield Rock Chips tempImagenip1x6

S650 Mustang Superficial Windshield Rock Chips tempImageNSDYh0

S650 Mustang Superficial Windshield Rock Chips tempImageUdBcqW
Sponsored

Last edited:

Vapor Blue GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang and CRV
That bottom pic looks a little big. The first two I don’t think you can do anything with those. Safelight is free in my state for rockchip repairs. I’d call them and see what they say if it’s bothering you.

roadpilot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
24 Dark Horse, 21 F150 Platinum, 16 ATS4, 14 LTZ
I have all chips filled. I've had tiny chips do nothing for a year and a half, then one day, spider out. Filling won't make them invisible, but it should keep them from spreading.
Sponsored