• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Spring Spacers DH

347Stang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1979 Mustang, 2024 Dark Horse Blue Ember
Was the dealership not required to remove the spring spacers before i drove away? The stealership also did not install the gurney flap or the front splitter on my dark horse. They also scratched the hood decale when cleaning it up (stealership to fix in the spring). That's my rant for the day.

Cheers,
S650 Mustang Spring Spacers DH unnamed
Sponsored

Interstellar

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
C6 Z06
I just searched pretty good, but there is a document somewhere that shows what the stealership needs to do to prep the car.
Removing those spacers is certainly one of them, it's dangerous to not.

Your stealership sucks and dare I say all stealerships suck.

Had to take mine in for warranty work and 5 times with multiple people I told them not to wash the car in their stealership scratch maker. I even wrote a giant note in sharpie on the shifter "PLEASE DO NOT WASH"
I show up and the car was sitting there all washed up. They just dgaf and it's sad

OP
OP
347Stang

347Stang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1979 Mustang, 2024 Dark Horse Blue Ember
Thanks Interstellar for the info.

I will do some research of my own on the prep that was required by the stealership.

I thought it was a little high in the front when I looked it over but had know other DH for reference.
Noticed it after putting it up for the winter.

BrianJ77

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT, 1965 F100, 2010 F150
I just searched pretty good, but there is a document somewhere that shows what the stealership needs to do to prep the car.
Removing those spacers is certainly one of them, it's dangerous to not.

Your stealership sucks and dare I say all stealerships suck.

Had to take mine in for warranty work and 5 times with multiple people I told them not to wash the car in their stealership scratch maker. I even wrote a giant note in sharpie on the shifter "PLEASE DO NOT WASH"
I show up and the car was sitting there all washed up. They just dgaf and it's sad
I have to defend my dealer. He did everything I asked: no dealer prep, no wash, no dealer sticker. Only PDI was done (strakes left off as I was trailering my pony home). Town & Country Ford in Pell City, AL. Absolutely no complaints. Best car buying experience in 30 years of buying cars. I will be back!

CarGuyBill

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
24 Dark Horse Blue Ember - 22 Mach-E GTPE - Bronco
One of the conditions when I ordered mine was to have it delivered the way it came off the truck. Except removal of spring spacers and take it out of transport mode. They did it perfectly even had the plastic on the seats! Looking forward to my Ranger Raptor Shelter Green to be delivered the same way.
Sponsored