• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Spoiler for DH in Europe

NicoMCH

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
EU GT 2015
Isn’t it the one in the base s650, just painted black? Sorry for the bad quality
ya looks smaller and different.

The aftermarket also seems to be pretty inexistant at the moment for the exception of Steeda, RTR and Anderson who have created Spoilers for the 2024 Mustang. But they don't look great...

Ace mentions that some DHs in Antwerp already have the spoiler... I guess the question is if our orders are among the really early models with the lip or if they are models delivered with the spoiler. I asked my dealer as well if he can check if mine has it or not.
Sponsored

Bullit

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
waiting Dark Horse
ya looks smaller and different.

The aftermarket also seems to be pretty inexistant at the moment for the exception of Steeda, RTR and Anderson who have created Spoilers for the 2024 Mustang. But they don't look great...

Ace mentions that some DHs in Antwerp already have the spoiler... I guess the question is if our orders are among the really early models with the lip or if they are models delivered with the spoiler. I asked my dealer as well if he can check if mine has it or not.
If the situation is opposite...? the first units had the big spoiler and the new cars arriving has the small ducktail.

Tursey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW 525
I´ve just talken to my dealer, and he says that in Europe they come with the small one lol, due to homologation...

This is crazy, Ford has been showing images everywhere and now it´s a different car?? Can we do anything? I´ve already payed a signal for the car weeks ago

NicoMCH

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
EU GT 2015
I´ve just talken to my dealer, and he says that in Europe they come with the small one lol, due to homologation...

This is crazy, Ford has been showing images everywhere and now it´s a different car?? Can we do anything? I´ve already payed a signal for the car weeks ago
I am not sure that is really the fact, the 2018-2023 EU versions had a similar spoiler (see screenshot of the configurator). Plus why would they mention the sentence in nearly all Ford pages with the April mark. I think they just don't know, there's no official information mentioning the small lip. So I guess it will be a surprise when they arrive...

S650 Mustang Spoiler for DH in Europe 1713950316176-7h

Tebu

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None yet
The most likely scenario is that homologation wasn’t gonna be ready for early 2024 and they just decided to slap whatever pre approved spoiler on it to not delay the Europe launch, and hope the situation fixes itself later.

Source: I work in software :)

Code:
# TODO: fix spoiler

Tursey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW 525

Bullit

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
waiting Dark Horse
What the hell homologation makes to Ford change the spoiler? Are not there europeans models with big spoliers?

Tursey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW 525
What the hell homologation makes to Ford change the spoiler? Are not there europeans models with big spoliers?
I think it´s just because they save 3000$ and thus, they can earn in after market as my dealer has suggested to me... He has said that I could buy it as soon as they launch it aftermarket -.-

Last edited:

keithwalton

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Blue Ember Dark Horse on order, Mercedes SLC
I think it´s just because they save 3000$ and thus, they can earn in after market as my dealer has suggested to me... He has said that I could buy it as soon as they launch it aftermarket -.-
Sounds like a bit of a gamble to me, it wont take many buyers declining their order before they run into an over supply issue.
The cars only hold there value well in europe because demand exceeds supply and they are very carefully restricting supply to maintain this balance.
In the UK they never do discounts on list price or finance. If they did it would hurt resale values.

If they suddenly find half of the first shipment sitting in the showrooms because they cheeped out then they'd be forced to discount them.
They may also get into trouble over false advertising if they're not as described.

There is a get out clause in my contract which allows me to cancel without charge from anytime now up until 30 days after the car arrives at the dealer with no reason required. As i signed the contract without viewing the vehicle or having seen a representative example of it

Tursey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW 525
Just checked my offer and it says "black rear spoiler". Fingers crossed.
That's the small ugly one... The big one is called something like:

Tarnish Dark Painted Performance Rear Spoiler

NicoMCH

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
EU GT 2015
I guess we will see, I asked my dealer to check. And if we get that horrible lip then I guess aftermarket will be the way to go.

In the Australian forum they have a company preparing spoilers (don't pay attention to the prices, they are placeholders for when they launch their products): 2015-2024 Mustang Exterior Parts in Australia | MyStangMods .

The US aftermarket isn't really big at the moment for that but in time there should be more choices.

Tursey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW 525
I guess we will see, I asked my dealer to check. And if we get that horrible lip then I guess aftermarket will be the way to go.

In the Australian forum they have a company preparing spoilers (don't pay attention to the prices, they are placeholders for when they launch their products): 2015-2024 Mustang Exterior Parts in Australia | MyStangMods .

The US aftermarket isn't really big at the moment for that but in time there should be more choices.
I think it's not, even in my ford webpage product personal page, appears my car with my VIN and the spoiler lol

We shouldn't pay anything for something that is supposed to be there in every single picture