• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Specialty Vehicle Orders Get No Love?

OP
OP
RebelMan

RebelMan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'09 Bullitt
Oh, and another thing...

Yesterday the tracker displayed a schedule date the week of 02/26/2024. When I checked today it displayed 02/05/2024. Looks like it moved up two weeks in one day! Is that possible?
Sponsored

DCS

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Lincoln Continental Reserve; 2024 Mustang GT
Nada, zippo. Ordered date was 12/04/2023. Build is a GBM DH Premium and GBM calipers.
Dark Horse? And you already have a build date? Pardon my surprise. Your order was 1 day before mine!
If you never got an acknowledgement email, perhaps your dealer never submitted it. I got mine before I left the dealer the day I placed the order. I guess I'll need to check with my dealer on Saturday. They are holding a "Customer appreciation" event.

DCS

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Oh, and another thing...

Yesterday the tracker displayed a schedule date the week of 02/26/2024. When I checked today it displayed 02/05/2024. Looks like it moved up two weeks in one day! Is that possible?
Life's not fair. 😞

OP
OP
RebelMan

RebelMan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'09 Bullitt
Dark Horse? And you already have a build date? Pardon my surprise. Your order was 1 day before mine!
If you never got an acknowledgement email, perhaps your dealer never submitted it. I got mine before I left the dealer the day I placed the order. I guess I'll need to check with my dealer on Saturday. They are holding a "Customer appreciation" event.
Yep, a Dark Horse. I think I am more surprised than you. I asked the dealer about my contact info and they confirmed that they submitted it, twice. However, the order form does not have my info on it at the bottom of the form as shown in the pic. Was your order form filled in with your contact info in this lower part of the form?

OP
OP
RebelMan

RebelMan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'09 Bullitt

DCS

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
No. none of that filled out. I'm assuming they didn't bother with "writing" it on the form as the needed to transmit the info digitally. I DID get my order acknowledgement email.

OP
OP
RebelMan

RebelMan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'09 Bullitt
I don't get it. So, neither one of us has the bottom of the order form filled out with contact info yet you get a confirmation email and I don't and I placed my order the day before you did. Yet I have a build date and you don't. Makes no sense.

Maybe you could try reaching out to Ford to see that they say?

DCS

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
As I mentioned in another thread, I got word from my dealer yesterday, that I could put in my order for a Dark Horse. When I asked about getting a welcome letter (email) and the eventual build tracker information I was told that Ford doesn't do that with "specialty vehicle orders". The dealer said they would have to periodically check the order banks for status updates and when they finally learn about the VIN they would let me know.

Has this been the experience of others with Dark Horse orders?
I guess I don't know what the definition of "Specialty Vehicle Order" is. My order was "Special"!

DCS

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I don't get it. So, neither one of us has the bottom of the order form filled out with contact info yet you get a confirmation email and I don't and I placed my order the day before you did. Yet I have a build date and you don't. Makes no sense.

Maybe you could try reaching out to Ford to see that they say?
I plan to tomorrow at the dealer. If no joy, I'll try Monday with Ford Marketing.
Sponsored