• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Specialty Vehicle Orders Get No Love?

RebelMan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'09 Bullitt
As I mentioned in another thread, I got word from my dealer yesterday, that I could put in my order for a Dark Horse. When I asked about getting a welcome letter (email) and the eventual build tracker information I was told that Ford doesn't do that with "specialty vehicle orders". The dealer said they would have to periodically check the order banks for status updates and when they finally learn about the VIN they would let me know.

Has this been the experience of others with Dark Horse orders?
Sponsored

Dena

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
96 Mustang GT, 24 Red Dark horse premium Manual
My order was a dark horse premium without the handling package. I received a welcome letter from Ford a few days after I placed the order and received the VIN number with a tracking link. Updates were few and far between but it was enough to determine where the car was.

erocker

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'24 Mustang GT Premium, '09 Lexus IS250 AWD
So, the dealer ordered it in their name and not yours.

OP
OP
RebelMan

RebelMan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'09 Bullitt
So, the dealer ordered it in their name and not yours.
Perhaps, I didn't think to ask. But they did want to confirm with me that I gave them the correct email address which they said they used when placing my order.

OP
OP
RebelMan

RebelMan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'09 Bullitt
My order was a dark horse premium without the handling package. I received a welcome letter from Ford a few days after I placed the order and received the VIN number with a tracking link. Updates were few and far between but it was enough to determine where the car was.
Interesting. Which dealership did you go through?

Dena

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
96 Mustang GT, 24 Red Dark horse premium Manual
Interesting. Which dealership did you go through?
Chapman. Almost didn't notice your location so I wasn't sure the information would be useful.

OP
OP
RebelMan

RebelMan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'09 Bullitt
I called Ford and found out that they stopped sending emails out when the UAW strike took place. Emails are supposed to resume in the coming year. So, if you place an order now don't expect any emails on it until then. Although I won't get the initial "Welcome" email I am supposed to get follow up emails. We shall see.

Logan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 Mustang GT
Rebelman,
Don't hold your breath for emails. I ordered my Dark Horse 04/18/23 got a thank you emails about a week later. Then in mid-June I received another again thanking me. And also saying that they will be in touch every 45 days to keep me updated. Well this is 12/11/23 and I've heard nothing from Ford. The dealership says late spring or early summer. But nothing from Ford. Mine is fully optioned, HP,AP,Leather Recaro,Carbon Fiber Wheels, the list goes on even painted stripes. They have yet followed up on their promise of every 45 days .
Sorry, but it's very frustrating. And contact made is made by ME.

P.S.
Yes it is true about Dark Horse orders with the HP option. Ford said to have us the customer remove that option or they will cancel it, and the dealership may loose their allocation for the Dark Horse.

OP
OP
RebelMan

RebelMan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'09 Bullitt
Rebelman,
Don't hold your breath for emails.
Sorry, but it's very frustrating.

P.S.
Yes it is true about Dark Horse orders with the HP option. Ford said to have us the customer remove that option or they will cancel it, and the dealership may loose their allocation for the Dark Horse.
I hear you. I figure I’ll have to do all the contacting as well. I don’t really mind that too much as I have been doing that already (since August) about being able to place an order. I don‘t mind waiting either I just wanted to be in the system. I wasn’t expecting to get in until sometime next year. I think someone canceled their order that had the HP option and wasn’t willing to remove it so that freed up the allocation for me to place my order sans the HP. I would like to have had the AP but couldn’t get that on GBM as you probably know.

Did you delete the HP option or cancel your order?

Logan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 Mustang GT
Rebelman,
Not only did I drop HP, but had to drop the AP as well, that was almost the deal breaker, I really wanted the Blue Ember,wanted the painted stripes as well. Had not the dealership owner been a friend whom I've known 25+ years I would've canceled. But I changed to Atlas Blue, kept the Leather Recaro Seats, made arrangements to have the spoiler, and bezels around head lights painted to match Car color, and remove the vinyl DH stripes on hood. My dealer is selling to me for cost plus 5%. So I'll be getting the car Ford wants us to have( plain as butter bread). I'll just have to make changes myself. Already got 20x11's & 20x10's that should be here before Christmas with Nitto's. Also have Middletown Motorsports ordering and installing the WHIPPLE SC. Originally I was leaving totally factory. Best of luck with you and your DH.

OP
OP
RebelMan

RebelMan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'09 Bullitt
@Logan WOW, I can't believe my eyes. You are doing the EXACT same thing I have planned for my DH... Remove the hood stripes and body color the eye black. I thought I was the only one on the planet going to do that. We do lose some of the DHness though, which is fine by me because we gain a more retromod inspired '67 look on the front end.

I am on the fence with the wider rims though. I hate it when cars tramline and from what I have heard, the wider tires 305 and up tend to do that more prodigiously. I am planning for the Whipple too but may hold out for a little while to see what the competition brings to the table. On a roll the Whipple will kick it but from a dig I am afraid it will be spin city.

My son wanted me to get the Atlas Blue but I just had to get the Grabber instead. My first car was a baby blue '67 coupe that I hated to sell so I could go to college. This is my opportunity to redeem that decision!

Logan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 Mustang GT
Rebelman,
Know the feeling about having to sell your car. I had a 69'GTO w/455,
and a 65' GTO with a 454 BBC. My wife and just had our 3rd and last baby,job wasn't doing well, so I sold them both. Wished I still had them today. This will be my 4th Mustang and more than likely the last new one. This will be "A Garage Kept " Sunny day only car. I'll probably street race it some, but mainly just drive it a little.
Hood stripes gotta go. Looks to cheesy in my opinion. Good luck.

OP
OP
RebelMan

RebelMan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'09 Bullitt
UPDATE:

So, I called Ford's Customer Relationship Center yesterday on the off chance they would have a status update on my order and low and behold they did, my VIN and schedule date. On the website order tracker, I confirmed the schedule date I was told (02/26/2024). I asked the agent if they knew when the VIN was issued and they said 01/18/2024, the same day I called. But I still did not get an email about it.

I am surprised that I still have not received ANY emails from Ford about my order. I was told when I called in December that emails were suspended until 2024 because of the UAW strike. Well, it's 2024 and still no emails. After some back and forth with the Ford agent, she said to check with your dealer to make sure they submitted the order with my contact info (email address) on it. I told her that I did that in December and they confirmed that they had.

At that moment I recalled the order form that I originally signed was blank (missing contact info) at the bottom. Could this be the reason I am not getting emails? So, my question is this... has anyone signed an order form that is blank (missing contact info) at the bottom and ARE receiving emails despite that?

S650 Mustang Specialty Vehicle Orders Get No Love? orderform

DCS

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Lincoln Continental Reserve; 2024 Mustang GT
UPDATE:

So, I called Ford's Customer Relationship Center yesterday on the off chance they would have a status update on my order and low and behold they did, my VIN and schedule date. On the website order tracker, I confirmed the schedule date I was told (02/26/2024). I asked the agent if they knew when the VIN was issued and they said 01/18/2024, the same day I called. But I still did not get an email about it.

I am surprised that I still have not received ANY emails from Ford about my order. I was told when I called in December that emails were suspended until 2024 because of the UAW strike. Well, it's 2024 and still no emails. After some back and forth with the Ford agent, she said to check with your dealer to make sure they submitted the order with my contact info (email address) on it. I told her that I did that in December and they confirmed that they had.

At that moment I recalled the order form that I originally signed was blank (missing contact info) at the bottom. Could this be the reason I am not getting emails? So, my question is this... has anyone signed an order form that is blank (missing contact info) at the bottom and ARE receiving emails despite that?

orderform.png
Did you get an order acknowledgement email of your order? What was your order date and build components?

OP
OP
RebelMan

RebelMan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'09 Bullitt
Did you get an order acknowledgement email of your order? What was your order date and build components?
Nada, zippo. Ordered date was 12/04/2023. Build is a GBM DH Premium and GBM calipers.
Sponsored