• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

So many on the lot DH....

Ryunker

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 convertible, 1971 Mach1
Looked nationwide to purchase one since my order remains in processing from 3/27. Called on five of them Blue Ember, manual no HP or special seats. All online show pricing at MSRP or withinin a few bucks of it.

Yeah when you call to purchase one, ADM's are insane. Cheapest one was 10k over. So when you see so much internet lies that these are MSRP, and on the lot, it is 100% crap.
Sponsored

Rated R

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 Raptor R, '21 Bronco First Edition, '23 GT3
I've seen them on no markup fords page on FB but haven't seen one in the spec I want.

friscoaggie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Expedition, Rogue, Cruze, '54 F-100, 24 Mustang DH
Looked nationwide to purchase one since my order remains in processing from 3/27. Called on five of them Blue Ember, manual no HP or special seats. All online show pricing at MSRP or withinin a few bucks of it.

Yeah when you call to purchase one, ADM's are insane. Cheapest one was 10k over. So when you see so much internet lies that these are MSRP, and on the lot, it is 100% crap.
It is possible though. I also have a 3/28 order, but with HP and Recaros. I found an abandoned order at a local dealer in Dallas for MSRP on a DH in BE and manual so I bought it. My original order is still in the system.

This dealer was charging $10K ADM on orders, so it is possible someone lost their $10K so they did not try to get it from me.

Good luck.

Upacurb

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350R 2019 Roush F150 2020 Explorer
Around here if you want a deal you have to be there in person ..... keep calling- lots of reports of people getting them at MSRP - flooring costs are high right now for dealers -

Of course there are dealers around here that refused to drop mark ups on Mach 1s and now have them still on the lot new below sticker ....

PS I hate dealerships

EdMan63

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang Dark Horse, 2023 Explorer ST
Around here if you want a deal you have to be there in person ..... keep calling- lots of reports of people getting them at MSRP - flooring costs are high right now for dealers -

Of course there are dealers around here that refused to drop mark ups on Mach 1s and now have them still on the lot new below sticker ....

PS I hate dealerships
Some dealers are greedy. But the average return on dealer profit is between 3-4%. Dealers don’t make the markup most people think they do. Can’t blame them for trying to make money on what is considered a hot item. It will come down once it start aging and floor plan cost creep up. Truth is right now with high interest rates it’s hard to get MSRP on most vehicles Bronco excluded.

HWill

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT
Some dealers are greedy. But the average return on dealer profit is between 3-4%. Dealers don’t make the markup most people think they do. Can’t blame them for trying to make money on what is considered a hot item. It will come down once it start aging and floor plan cost creep up. Truth is right now with high interest rates it’s hard to get MSRP on most vehicles Bronco excluded.

This is not true. The dealers do make up the mark-ups! It is being greedy and will start to show when cars start to sit on the lots like Broncos are now.
Not sure what u mean about hard to get MSRP with the high interest rates as one has nothing to do with the other.

EdMan63

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
This is not true. The dealers do make up the mark-ups! It is being greedy and will start to show when cars start to sit on the lots like Broncos are now.
Not sure what u mean about hard to get MSRP with the high interest rates as one has nothing to do with the other.
First off I am a Ford dealer. High prices and high interest rates equal high payments. Much harder sell. In the Detroit area we do a lot of leasing and A plan so we’re a bit different from most of the country. We do not like the current market conditions due to the high prices of vehicles ( from the manufacturers) and high interest rates. As I stated there are greedy dealers that make other dealers appear that way but it’s not all dealers. We were ready to trade the DH I purchased away due to age. We would have gladly taken MSRP. If we sell over MSRP its a rare situation and the market has to warrant it.

Last edited:

HWill

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT
First off I am a Ford dealer. High prices and high interest rates equal high payments. Much harder sell. In the Detroit area we do a lot of leasing and A plan so we’re a bit different from most of the country. We do not like the current market conditions due to the high prices of vehicles ( from the manufacturers) and high interest rates. As I stated there are greedy dealers that make other dealers appear that way but it’s not all dealers. We were ready to trade the DH I purchased away due to age. We would have gladly taken MSRP. If we sell over MSRP its a rare situation and the market has to warrant it.

You still failed to explain how with high interest rates it is hard to buy at MSRP as you stated!
We both agree the with mark-ups the dealers are just being greedy. Yes, there are some dealers that are not doing mark-ups, while it is extremely rare.
But it is not hard at all to buy a vehicle at MSRP or below as I have just bought 3 at or below MSRP within the last year with one being a few weeks ago.

EdMan63

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
You still failed to explain how with high interest rates it is hard to buy at MSRP as you stated!
We both agree the with mark-ups the dealers are just being greedy. Yes, there are some dealers that are not doing mark-ups, while it is extremely rare.
But it is not hard at all to buy a vehicle at MSRP or below as I have just bought 3 at or below MSRP within the last year with one being a few weeks ago.
I think I may be explaining it wrong. As I stated our store is in a leasing market. Before Covid and the inventory shortage we never sold cars at or above MSRP. Customer could get a better deal anywhere. In a competitive market it’s very difficult to get customers to pay that high of a price, at least in our market, as we have multiple Ford dealers.

The price of vehicles has increased considerably over the past couple of years and not just on specialty vehicles like Mustangs. That along with high interest rates affects affordability. Manufacturer’s have slashed incentives which also increases payments. If you can afford the payments, no problem. But for many, it’s a tough sell and hopefully in the new year we will see thing swing back more the consumers way. High interest rates are also affecting dealers as the carrying cost of our inventory has increased significantly. We have several vehicles in inventory that customers ordered and then refused to purchase because the payments were much higher than they anticipated mainly due to factors like interest rates and a lack of incentives.

Again AFFORDABILITY is the key word.
Sponsored