• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Same exact vendor posts in 3+ different forum areas - is this really necessary?

roadpilot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
24 Dark Horse, 21 F150 Platinum, 16 ATS4, 14 LTZ
Perhaps I'm missing something, but it seems like every time I log in, there is at least one (sometimes more) vendors who post the EXACT SAME MESSAGE (sales advertisement, pictures, whatever) in 3 or 4 different forums here on Mustang7G.com.

Don't they realize that, if they post it once, we're gonna see it when we search for new posts?

TBH, this is annoying as hell. In fact, it annoys me so much, I will likely go out of my way to NOT patronize a business because of it. Perhaps it doesn't bother others like it does me, and I accept that.

/soapbox
Sponsored

Last edited:

ArthurJGuy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'04 GTO, '06 GTO, '22 Expy, '22 F-250, '24 Mustang
It gets really annoying when the only content in the posts is them linking to their YouTube or IG pages.

I've blocked most vendors because of this, but then you miss out on some info occasionally.

EDIT: I specifically bought my Whipple from another vendor because of that also.

Zig

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
gt pp, Xt5 Sprt, c6 f55, 1500 z71, fatboy, sprtstr
i don’t complain when from sponsors. Not everyone watches every group.

OP
OP
roadpilot

roadpilot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
EDIT: I specifically bought my Whipple from another vendor because of that also.
That's exactly what I'm saying.

If they think that posting three times is going to result in an increase in business or orders, all I can say is that the OPPOSITE will be the case with me (and likely others).

OP
OP
roadpilot

roadpilot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
i don’t complain when from sponsors. Not everyone watches every group.
You don't' have to watch any group. When you arrive at the site, click the "new posts' link (to see everything that's been posted since your last visit). Now enjoy two or three sets of 3 or 4 identical messages show up in the list of new posts. Not necessary at all.

agreywolfe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Grabber Blue Mustang GT premium w/PP
Good for long term recognition for sponsors
1 goes in the sponsor section
1 goes in the appropriate tech section
1 goes in the photos sections
Etc...
They only have so many spots in the 'new' feed and 5-10 years down the line when someone randomly Googles "best x for s650 mustang" they aren't going to be looking at the "new" feed. Annoying now, sure, but its easily ignored.

OP
OP
roadpilot

roadpilot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Good for long term recognition for sponsors
1 goes in the sponsor section
1 goes in the appropriate tech section
1 goes in the photos sections
Etc...
They only have so many spots in the 'new' feed and 5-10 years down the line when someone randomly Googles "best x for s650 mustang" they aren't going to be looking at the "new" feed. Annoying now, sure, but its easily ignored.
5-10 years? When's the last time you searched for something for your 2014 Mustang?

If you wait about 20 minutes and google something in THIS post, Google will return it. No need for elevendy billion posts of the exact SAME message on the SAME message board but in three different forums, just 1 minute apart. Zero benefit.

Annoying AF, that's for sure. Again, I'll make it a point to avoid vendors who do that. YMMV.

I appreciate your feedback an opinion, though. Thanks.

Zig

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
5-10 years? When's the last time you searched for something for your 2014 Mustang?

If you wait about 20 minutes and google something in THIS post, Google will return it. No need for elevendy billion posts of the exact SAME message on the SAME message board but in three different forums, just 1 minute apart. Zero benefit.

Annoying AF, that's for sure. Again, I'll make it a point to avoid vendors who do that. YMMV.

Wouldn’t that be good for the forum as well? Maximum external exposure for a variety of topics?

Zig

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)

Somebody’s corn flakes get ‘wet’?

agreywolfe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Grabber Blue Mustang GT premium w/PP

Considering that I was still actively researching parts for my 2010 before upgrading to the S650, quite a lot. People love buying old cars and love looking at what people before them have done, it's great research material.

robvas

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Mustang
Considering that I was still actively researching parts for my 2010 before upgrading to the S650, quite a lot. People love buying old cars and love looking at what people before them have done, it's great research material.
sad part is there isn't a great 11-14 forum out there. Everyone was spread around a bunch of different forums and S197forum is mostly 3V stuff

ArthurJGuy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'04 GTO, '06 GTO, '22 Expy, '22 F-250, '24 Mustang
You don't' have to watch any group. When you arrive at the site, click the "new posts' link (to see everything that's been posted since your last visit). Now enjoy two or three sets of 3 or 4 identical messages show up in the list of new posts. Not necessary at all.
This right here.

This forum is so slow currently that you can see all the new posts in one or two pages usually, no need to go into any subcategories.

OP
OP
roadpilot

roadpilot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Somebody’s corn flakes get ‘wet’?
Not really. I just point out annoying, non-constructive behavior.

OP
OP
roadpilot

roadpilot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Did you need three copies of every single identical message to complete your research? I'm betting not.

Zig

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)