• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sam CarLegion GT vs Nissan Z

Baldilocks

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT Premium California Special

Just shows the GT needs better tires and maybe a better driver.
Sponsored

Lastoutlaw_21

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Kia stinger and hyundai tucson hybrid
At this point Gm or Stellantis have to be paying people to drive these things poorly
So I wasn't the only one saying he can't shift correctly. I'm not even a manual guy. But the car seemed to shift poorly and died each shift lol.

ShaBoingBoing

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Infiniti G37
So I wasn't the only one saying he can't shift correctly. I'm not even a manual guy. But the car seemed to shift poorly and died each shift lol.
Yeah he kept pulling and then lost half a car length each shift. Would’ve been cool if they both had the same transmission at least

Lastoutlaw_21

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Kia stinger and hyundai tucson hybrid
Yeah he kept pulling and then lost half a car length each shift. Would’ve been cool if they both had the same transmission at least
Yeah I agree. The car could have done way better. But the shifts were it's downfall.

Jivor

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'24 Mustang GT
I seriously considered that Z, but it has no back seats; no regrets. Both are nice cars.

steveo1960

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 Mustang
I seriously considered that Z, but it has no back seats; no regrets. Both are nice cars.
Same here.
As well as the BMW/Supra.
Test drove both, automatics though and went for the Mustang.
IMHO the Z is a super nice car. Old school but at the same time very modern.
Fun to drive, but like you say no back seats.
I did not like the Supra/BMW.
It felt "jittery" to me. Plus I don't like the idea of one manufacturer using another manufacturer's design. The service department will be clueless.
I'm happy ordering a 2024 Mustang.

Jivor

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'24 Mustang GT
Same here.
As well as the BMW/Supra.
Test drove both, automatics though and went for the Mustang.
IMHO the Z is a super nice car. Old school but at the same time very modern.
Fun to drive, but like you say no back seats.
I did not like the Supra/BMW.
It felt "jittery" to me. Plus I don't like the idea of one manufacturer using another manufacturer's design. The service department will be clueless.
I'm happy ordering a 2024 Mustang.
I really respect what Nissan did; many moons ago the 350Z Nismo was my dream car. The new Z looks beautiful, but practicality won out; not that settling for a GT Mustang is a poor substitute by any means. Mine is an auto; never learned to drive a manual.

steveo1960

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 Mustang
I really respect what Nissan did; many moons ago the 350Z Nismo was my dream car. The new Z looks beautiful, but practicality won out; not that settling for a GT Mustang is a poor substitute by any means. Mine is an auto; never learned to drive a manual.
I learned to drive on a manual so even though I suck at it I can drive one.
Just don't feel like sitting in NYS traffic with one. Plus wife has to be able to drive it.
IMHO the Nissan is a very, very nice car but the Mustang is more practical and better.
Reliability wise a big V8 will be better than a turbo motor.
Just my 2 cents..

Jivor

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'24 Mustang GT
Just don't feel like sitting in NYS traffic with one. Plus wife has to be able to drive it.
IMHO the Nissan is a very, very nice car but the Mustang is more practical and better.
Just my 2 cents..
My wife has no desire to drive my car. But I can pick up my kids from school in a ride my son is begging me to do to show off to his friends; just took the boy to Taekwondo lessons tonight, and practicality cannot be overstated. Mustang: "the compromised SUV so long as you have no more than two small kids".

Last edited:

steveo1960

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 Mustang
My wife has no desire to drive my car. But I can pick up my kids from school in a ride my son is begging me to do to show off to his friends; just took the boy to Taekwondo lessons tonight, and practicality cannot be overstated.
We once had a Chevy Caprice and it went into the dealer for service. They gave us a Corvette as a loaner. My wife wanted to drive us home. Ok, I'm game. She left burnout tire tracks all over the place. It was hysterical !

Jivor

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'24 Mustang GT
We once had a Chevy Caprice and it went into the dealer for service. They gave us a Corvette as a loaner. My wife wanted to drive us home. Ok, I'm game. She left burnout tire tracks all over the place. It was hysterical !
The go peddle in that thing is dangerous. I had a 2017 GS; another amazing car, save for the shitty vibrating 8spd transmission. The 'Vette was traded in for a gently used 2018 Porsche Panamera V6 base; an awesome but stupidly expensive grocery getter that my wife drove once and was underwhelmed by its measly 330hp (the car weighed 4100lbs). I don't think she'll have the same problem in my GT, but she has yet to drive it.

Last edited:

wilkinda65

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT Premium
Just my 2 cents..
Was born and raised in NY. My dad’s rule was you had to learn to drive manual proficiently in order to get your license. His reasoning….. if something happened and you needed to drive someone to hospital and the only car available was a manual…. You better know how to drive Manual. That went for my sisters as well
Sponsored