• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

S650 Mustang -Keep hands on steering wheel message

roadpilot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
24 Dark Horse, 21 F150 Platinum, 16 ATS4, 14 LTZ
BlueCruise in unavailable and there is a "Driver-Facing Camera fault See Manual."

not ava on mustang so question is why would blue cruise employ the nudge when it uses the camera?
I have BlueCruise in my F150. Before the subscription was active (it was a Job 1 truck that did not have the correct firmware for about a year after I bought it) and AFTER the subscription expired (this past 31 DEC 2023 I did not renew it), the 'every 10-12-15 second nag' to put your hands on the wheel was the ONLY difference between a BC-enabled vehicle WITHOUT a BC subscription and a BC-enabled vehicle WITH one. Having BC active eliminates the nag. There is no camera error message in the F150 without a subscription because the camera is fine.

why would blue cruise employ the nudge when it uses the camera?
There is no in-cab camera (that watches you to make sure your eyes are on the road) for the Mustang like there is on my F150.

Are we talking about the same camera?

You're gonna get the nudge without the in-cab camera. The same nudge will be displayed if you DO have BC (and the in-cab camera) if you don't have an active BC subscription.
Sponsored

Zig

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
gt pp, Xt5 Sprt, c6 f55, 1500 z71, fatboy, sprtstr
I have BlueCruise in my F150. Before the subscription was active (it was a Job 1 truck that did not have the correct firmware for about a year after I bought it) and AFTER the subscription expired (this past 31 DEC 2023 I did not renew it), the 'every 10-12-15 second nag' to put your hands on the wheel was the ONLY difference between a BC-enabled vehicle WITHOUT a BC subscription and a BC-enabled vehicle WITH one. Having BC active eliminates the nag. There is no camera error message in the F150 without a subscription because the camera is fine.

There is no in-cab camera (that watches you to make sure your eyes are on the road) for the Mustang like there is on my F150.

Are we talking about the same camera?

You're gonna get the nudge without the in-cab camera. The same nudge will be displayed if you DO have BC (and the in-cab camera) if you don't have an active BC subscription.
Ford BlueCruise is a hands-free highway driving technology. This available driver-assistance feature builds on existing technologies, like Adaptive Cruise Control and Lane Centering Assist, to enable hands-free driving. *

https://www.ford.com/technology/bluecruise/#bluecruise1

i suspect the nudge is more from copilot 360 than bc.

roadpilot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford BlueCruise is a hands-free highway driving technology. This available driver-assistance feature builds on existing technologies, like Adaptive Cruise Control and Lane Centering Assist, to enable hands-free driving. *

https://www.ford.com/technology/bluecruise/#bluecruise1

i suspect the nudge is more from copilot 360 than bc.
I wasn't saying it was from BC. You might want to go back and re-read.

All I was saying is it's the same BS you get when you have BC, but BC has no active subscription.

Yes, I know BC builds on CP360 -- BC takes CP360 steps further.

Zig

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I wasn't saying it was from BC. You might want to go back and re-read.

All I was saying is it's the same BS you get when you have BC, but BC has no active subscription.

Yes, I know BC builds on CP360 -- BC takes CP360 steps further.
And my question was why would bc use the nudge to make sure you have hands on the wheel when it is designed as hands free.

why introduce the subject if its unrelated?

roadpilot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
And my question was why would bc use the nudge to make sure you have hands on the wheel when it is designed as hands free.
If your BC subscription is no longer active, you'll start getting the nudge.

My subscription expired 31 DEC 2023, and I decided to NOT renew it. Not worth the $600 for three years (promo special for us Job 1 trucks), and CERTAINLY not worth $800 per year.

roadpilot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Oh, and even with an active subscription, if you take your eyes off the road (the camera watching you), you'll get screamed at until it goes ballistic enough to literally bring the vehicle to a stop. Ask me how I know.

Zig

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
If your BC subscription is no longer active, you'll start getting the nudge.

My subscription expired 31 DEC 2023, and I decided to NOT renew it. Not worth the $600 for three years (promo special for us Job 1 trucks), and CERTAINLY not worth $800 per year.
While i agree wholeheartedly about why the face regarding subscription to drive my car i still suspect the nudge is from co360. A hands free tech that makes you put hands on the wheel is in itself misleading.

Zig

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Oh, and even with an active subscription, if you take your eyes off the road (the camera watching you), you'll get screamed at until it goes ballistic enough to literally bring the vehicle to a stop. Ask me how I know.
Do sunglasses cause issues?

roadpilot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
While i agree wholeheartedly about why the face regarding subscription to drive my car i still suspect the nudge is from co360. A hands free tech that makes you put hands on the wheel is in itself misleading.
BC is hands-free and does not nudge.
CP360 is not hands free and does nudge.

What's the issue again?

Reactions: Zig

roadpilot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)

Neggytive

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 GT Premium vert 14K miles
My Toyota Highlander does the same thing, unless you have a firm touch on the wheel it will prompt you with a message to put your hands on the wheel.

I rarely use the lane centering or other driver assist functions, except for the occasional use of the adaptive cruise on long stretches of highway when I want to stretch my feet

Zig

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
OP
OP
Dwoodmansee

Dwoodmansee

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT
Updateā€¦

I took everyoneā€™s advice by turning off the lane keep feature. So far so good. I have not seen the ā€œKeep hands on Steering Wheelā€ message any more.

Thanks everyone. Great advice. Now I need to inform the service guys at the Ford dealership. Hopefully they can inform Ford, and they can fix this feature.

Reactions: Zig

NVPony

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Magnetic GT PP
Has anyone run across a message stating ā€˜Keep Hands on Steering Wheelā€™? I see this warning constantly when I drive around especially in certain locations around town. I took it to the dealer and they canā€™t figure it out and I even mentioned this to Ford Customer Service. The message goes for about 5 seconds then goes away.

Any thoughts on this issue? I think it has something to do with lost signal between cellular towers because it is always in the same area of town and there are known dead coverage areas.
Happens a lot to me
Sponsored