• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

S550 Trunk vs S650 Trunk

TheRuthlessObliterator

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT Premium
I am planning to order a Mach 1 / GT 500 style spoiler via American Muscle but they are not sure if it fits S650. I can order and check but I need to cover the return shipping cost if ti doesnt fit and I dont want to.

Has anyone done a side by side comparison of the trunk geometry and confirm that S550 spoilers would fit on the S650?

Any insights are appreciated.
Sponsored

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT/CS
Just looking at both I would say highly doubtful. Also the internal structure (for drill points) is most likely different. Best to contact AM directly. They will tell you for sure.

timd38

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S550 GT/CS, C6 Corvette, 1997 GT Convertable
Floor is the same, but I read something that none of the S550 wings/spoilers will bolt up to an S650.

OP
OP
TheRuthlessObliterator

TheRuthlessObliterator

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT Premium
Just looking at both I would say highly doubtful. Also the internal structure (for drill points) is most likely different. Best to contact AM directly. They will tell you for sure.
The chat support said they didnt know. Is there any way I can get in touch with the experts who would know?

OP
OP
TheRuthlessObliterator

TheRuthlessObliterator

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT Premium
Floor is the same, but I read something that none of the S550 wings/spoilers will bolt up to an S650.
Well, that sucks. I actually have a spoiler delete on my build, so I will have to drill holes on the S650 trunk. I just want to know if it has the same geometry on the edge and access from the underside to fasten the bolts.

OP
OP
TheRuthlessObliterator

TheRuthlessObliterator

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT Premium
Best then to reach out directly to the manufacturer. RTR makes a S650 specific spoiler so they should be able to answer your questions.
Sounds good, will do. Thank you!

Interstellar

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
C6 Z06
Steeda has the Mach1 spoiler on their S650. I would reach out to them and figure out how they did it.
I believe I saw some back on forth on the S650 Facebook page, they said it was possible but there was some modifications required to get it to fit. If you want the spoiler, I say pull the trigger on it and you'll find a way to make it work. It can't be that difficult

OP
OP
TheRuthlessObliterator

TheRuthlessObliterator

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT Premium
Steeda has the Mach1 spoiler on their S650. I would reach out to them and figure out how they did it.
I believe I saw some back on forth on the S650 Facebook page, they said it was possible but there was some modifications required to get it to fit. If you want the spoiler, I say pull the trigger on it and you'll find a way to make it work. It can't be that difficult
That gives me some hope. I will reach out to Steeda and check. Thanks man!

Spartan 818

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Premium
I just bought a SportWing GT350 style to put on my 2024 GT. It says it fits a 2015 through 2023 but I suspect it will fit the 2024 as well. I watched an install video from someone and the factory spoiler from the 2023 they removed looked almost identical to mine. The aftermarket one mounted directly without any issues. Still waiting for the wing to be delivered but I'll be attempting an install as soon as I have it.

I think... I hope... the fit is the same. Looks like it might be.

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT/CS
I just bought a SportWing GT350 style to put on my 2024 GT. It says it fits a 2015 through 2023 but I suspect it will fit the 2024 as well. I watched an install video from someone and the factory spoiler from the 2023 they removed looked almost identical to mine. The aftermarket one mounted directly without any issues. Still waiting for the wing to be delivered but I'll be attempting an install as soon as I have it.

I think... I hope... the fit is the same. Looks like it might be.
Considering that the deck lid is different for 2024 I'm not sure why you assume it's going to fit. Why didn't you just reach out to then and ask before ordeing it.

Spartan 818

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Premium
Considering that the deck lid is different for 2024 I'm not sure why you assume it's going to fit. Why didn't you just reach out to then and ask before ordeing it.
They didn't know either. Good or bad, the wing I bought doesn't have studs to line up so it is just a matter of width of the lid which looks nearly identical. The real unknown is the countour which, hopefully, is miniscule and not a factor. I rolled the dice on this one as it was on sale and could be color matched when bought. Fingers crossed!

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT/CS
They didn't know either. Good or bad, the wing I bought doesn't have studs to line up so it is just a matter of width of the lid which looks nearly identical. The real unknown is the countour which, hopefully, is miniscule and not a factor. I rolled the dice on this one as it was on sale and could be color matched when bought. Fingers crossed!
That's funny. Well best of luck, hopefully it will fit. Lets see some pics once it's installed :like:

Spartan 818

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Premium
That's funny. Well best of luck, hopefully it will fit. Lets see some pics once it's installed :like:
Lol, the universe has a sense of humor! I just got a call from the SportWing tech who said they just checked closer and, while close, there is just enough of a difference they cannot guarantee a tight fitment. They were able to cancel the order and let me know when they get the new models available.
Sponsored