• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Rev Match Does Not Rev High Enough

Zig

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
gt pp, Xt5 Sprt, c6 f55, 1500 z71, fatboy, sprtstr
that might work, but it just points to Ford RevM being shite or having certain unhelpful failure modes. I don't use RevM because my god-given right ankle works plenty good to blip throttle.

I despise gratuitous 'aids' which some programmer used to justify his existence, and then balled it up.
Sometimes nanny helps sometimes not, knowing the parameters does.
Sponsored

NegativeMultiplier

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
-
Mine seems to be the opposite. It feels like sometimes I am letting out the clutch too late and miss the match.
I am considering turning off the auto blip and trying to rev match on my own.
Go for it! I find this car much more satisfying to rev match than the S550 to be honest. Maybe I just got better at it, but the pedals felt closer/better aligned in this car so heel-toeing was much more intuitive.

dollybud

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT - 2018 Dodge Ram 1500.
Never thought I would use the rev match feature after 55 years of driving manuals, so I must be getting lazy, but I really love it. Perfect rev match every time.
Mine works perfect also after driving 50 years. Would have been nice driving 10 speed hi-low trucks.

Instant Action

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
392 Wrangler, '24 VB Mustang GT PP Vert 6sp
that might work, but it just points to Ford RevM being shite or having certain unhelpful failure modes. I don't use RevM because my god-given right ankle works plenty good to blip throttle.

I despise gratuitous 'aids' which some programmer used to justify his existence, and then balled it up.
A broken right ankle in 2013 put an end to my heel/toe days of downshifting unfortunately so having the rev match feature that works well is just fine by me.

Karguy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Challenger 6.4 Widebody 6 speed
@ GrabberGundam…A lot of reviewers reported the same that rev match on the DH is hit or miss which can be dangerous and you can spin the car when going hard into a turn and the back wheels slowing too much…I loved rev match on my Camaro and miss it on my Challenger 🤣

Zig

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
gt pp, Xt5 Sprt, c6 f55, 1500 z71, fatboy, sprtstr
@ GrabberGundam…A lot of reviewers reported the same that rev match on the DH is hit or miss which can be dangerous and you can spin the car when going hard into a turn and the back wheels slowing too much…I loved rev match on my Camaro and miss it on my Challenger 🤣
And if you do it ‘right’ a little merge is all it takes, not implying gt nor dh, other, err.. in general yeah in general ….too low and around she goes. I would suspect any real play time one should put nanny and her sisters on break.

horned-toad

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Audi S5
which can be dangerous and you can spin the car when going hard into a turn and the back wheels slowing too much
which just points to ham-fisted driving. The clutch is an infinitely variable tool. If you're treating it like an on/off switch you're Doing It Wrong(tm). (mal)Functioning revmatch or not, the driver should be the one regulating how and in what manner power is hooked back up to the tires.

Karguy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Challenger 6.4 Widebody 6 speed
I hear what ypu are saying but if you use rev match and engine speed is not high enough even if you engage smoothly the rear wheels will cause drag...When you have rev match it should work otherwise you might as well blip the throttle yourself...Love rev match if it works right as you can brake and shift down smoothly without braking your ankle like on some cars where gas and brake are too far apart or too mismatched in height...But if you cant trust it and you do it can cause a spin on a track day which is not good !
Sponsored