• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Received the 45-day email delay

DCS

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Lincoln Continental Reserve; 2024 Mustang GT
I received my first (hopefully last) 45-day delay email from Ford. This email indicated "supply chain" issues. However, my dealer (today) said my order was "Clean" which meant "all parts available".

Hurry up and wait.
Sponsored

Zig

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
gt pp, Xt5 Sprt, c6 f55, 1500 z71, fatboy, sprtstr
I received my first (hopefully last) 45-day delay email from Ford. This email indicated "supply chain" issues. However, my dealer (today) said my order was "Clean" which meant "all parts available".

Hurry up and wait.
Watch pot. But yea. Went through similar be prepared for the tracker to drive you nuts, well not really but when it gets to the produced state just ignore it otherwise shipping and prep will drive you nuts.

Dxm

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT
I recommend calling local Ford dealers. They may have exactly, or nearly exactly what you're looking for. Lots of times people place an order, then decide not to buy.

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Ford Mustang GT , 2023 Ford Raptor
I got the same email and then a week later my car was on the lot. Tracker showed that it was still at plant.

OP
OP
DCS

DCS

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)

Darkness24

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Mustang Gt Ordered 2024 Dark Horse Premium
My DH was built 12/4 ordered 3/28 & showed up at my dealer with no notice 12/18. Never got to shipped & was not even able to view the window sticker on the tracker.

Forgot to mention I received 3 of the 45 day e-mails & then nothing until I contacted the chat line on 12/7.

OP
OP
DCS

DCS

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
My DH was built 12/4 ordered 3/28 & showed up at my dealer with no notice 12/18. Never got to shipped & was not even able to view the window sticker on the tracker.

Forgot to mention I received 3 of the 45 day e-mails & then nothing until I contacted the chat line on 12/7.
You'd think that computers could do a better job of keeping customers informed. However, computers can only do what they are programmed to do.

Skye

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
"Skye" Mach1 N2144
Being an old, Fortune 100 company, I suspect Ford has a lot of networks which not only operate using different, legacy software applications, the physical networks themselves have never been integrated. Site X has a fine layout, but when attempting to transfer database, inventory or shipping information from one organizational unit to another, system-to-system, it can be next to impossible. Updating in real-time? Fuggetaboutit.

OP
OP
DCS

DCS

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Being an old, Fortune 100 company, I suspect Ford has a lot of networks which not only operate using different, legacy software applications, the physical networks themselves have never been integrated. Site X has a fine layout, but when attempting to transfer database, inventory or shipping information from one organizational unit to another, system-to-system, it can be next to impossible. Updating in real-time? Fuggetaboutit.
You make Ford sound like the Federal government! šŸ˜‚šŸ˜‚

HWill

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT
It has been stated over and over the "45-day supply chain delay" is just an automated email that most get. It started with the Bronco's and continues to be in the system. I don't think there was any parts shortages listed for the Mustang.

OP
OP
DCS

DCS

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
It has been stated over and over the "45-day supply chain delay" is just an automated email that most get. It started with the Bronco's and continues to be in the system. I don't think there was any parts shortages listed for the Mustang.
That is what my dealer said.

Branden1119

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT
Hi all, I ordered my GT Premium 6spd on 12/29. I believe thatā€™s about a month after DCS said he placed his. I didnā€™t get my 1st 45 day email until 3/29. No updates sinceā€¦. My dealer told me the wait would be about 4-5mo. I originally had ordered a 10spd but changed it to a 6spd just a few days after placing my order.

I was hoping it would be here by May but Iā€™m half way through April now with no build date scheduled. Iā€™m thinking maybe closer to June now. I know most are built with the 10R so Im hoping that the 6spd doesnā€™t push the wait out longer.

Iā€™m know Iā€™m just being impatient lol but Iā€™m starting to wonder if I should just pick one up off a lotā€¦ I ordered a Shadow Black 401A but Iā€™m starting to feel a little partial to the Dark Matter Grey Metallic.

Full transparency, this is the first car I have ever ordered so this is an entirely new process for me lol.

keithwalton

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Blue Ember Dark Horse on order, Mercedes SLC
They are currently scheduling most of June, if you get a vin in the next 2 weeks it'll be built in June, else it'll be later on.

Branden1119

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT
Oh ok, thanks for the update. I might need to start looking around the dealerships thenā€¦
Sponsored