• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Rear Suspension Clanking Noise

marcekb

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT Premium, 2024 GT Premium ordered
Anyone have experience with this? My right rear side makes a metal on metal clanking noise when I hit bumps in the road. Not so much in normal mode. When I pick a sport or track mode, the suspension stiffens as expected and then even more bumps cause the noise in the right rear. It seems almost like it's right behind the back seat, but nothing is loose that I can see. No other corner makes this noise in any mode. I have magnaride, if that makes a difference.
Sponsored

RJV15

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Honda Civic Si
Take it to the dealership. It can be a safety risk, if something is actually loose you probably won’t know without taking off the wheel and checking bolts

Zig

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
gt pp, Xt5 Sprt, c6 f55, 1500 z71, fatboy, sprtstr
Do you have the tow hook? I wonder if it is bouncing around in the trunk?

OP
OP
marcekb

marcekb

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Do you have the tow hook? I wonder if it is bouncing around in the trunk?
I do, but I'm pretty sure it's sitting in its foam cutout spot. I'll double check, though. That's a good thought!

Eligdo11

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang 2024 gt
Anyone have experience with this? My right rear side makes a metal on metal clanking noise when I hit bumps in the road. Not so much in normal mode. When I pick a sport or track mode, the suspension stiffens as expected and then even more bumps cause the noise in the right rear. It seems almost like it's right behind the back seat, but nothing is loose that I can see. No other corner makes this noise in any mode. I have magnaride, if that makes a difference.
I think I’m encountering the same thing. Did you end up getting this fixed?

Zig

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
gt pp, Xt5 Sprt, c6 f55, 1500 z71, fatboy, sprtstr
This is how mine sounds

Apologies I was unable to isolate the sound in question. For the most part I heard spring compress, shifter move, idle and a couple of other various sounds.

one of the other threads regarding similar concerns determined a faulty rear shock.

Ford Motor Company

Official Ford Account
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Mustang
Apologies I was unable to isolate the sound in question. For the most part I heard spring compress, shifter move, idle and a couple of other various sounds.

one of the other threads regarding similar concerns determined a faulty rear shock.
Good morning, Zig! Are you still experiencing this noise concern? If so, I would like to look into it on my end. Please send over a private message with your VIN and the name/location of your Ford dealer to get started.

OP
OP
marcekb

marcekb

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Good morning, Zig! Are you still experiencing this noise concern? If so, I would like to look into it on my end. Please send over a private message with your VIN and the name/location of your Ford dealer to get started.
It looks to me like @Zig was responding to someone else. However, people need to be aware that Ford's social media team here doesn't help do a thing, except take your personal information and then tell you to contact your local dealer's service manager. It's a total misrepresentation of them to say they will try to help.
Sponsored