• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Rear Spoiler for convertible

Hoofprint

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 GT Convertible
The very PP GT doesn’t come with any spoiler. Anyone have any good solution? Will a coupe spoiler fit the convertible? I am not concerned about it hitting the antenna, I replaced with a stubby…
Sponsored

Zig

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
gt pp, Xt5 Sprt, c6 f55, 1500 z71, fatboy, sprtstr
The very PP GT doesn’t come with any spoiler. Anyone have any good solution? Will a coupe spoiler fit the convertible? I am not concerned about it hitting the antenna, I replaced with a stubby…
It’s been my understanding that while the ‘blank/slug’ may have been a good idea it’s the third light that messes it up for the convertibles.

OP
OP
Hoofprint

Hoofprint

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 GT Convertible
Non-PP convertibles have a blade spoiler, I believe

Zig

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
gt pp, Xt5 Sprt, c6 f55, 1500 z71, fatboy, sprtstr
Non-PP convertibles have a blade spoiler, I believe
This is true. However it’s my understanding it mounts to the new blank, which is a different design than the coupe due to the third light. Not saying it’s not possible just saying it’s my understanding the new style wings/spoliers mount to a blank and that blank is designed differently on the convertibles.

roket

Threads
Reaction score
Website
roket333.github.io
Vehicle(s)
2024 Ford Mustang Dark Horse
looks like the convertible has it's spoilers mount differently than the coupe, so unless you want to do a 3rd brake light delete or wait for aftermarket support, you're out of luck

CVCashmere

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 GT Vert w/Steeda lower brace, PP sways, 50th wh
The curve on the Vert trunk is different from the fastback. You may encounter a gap when retrofitting a hardtop spoiler on a vert.

CVCashmere

LOTO1953

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 GT On Oder

roket

Threads
Reaction score
Website
roket333.github.io
Vehicle(s)
2024 Ford Mustang Dark Horse

CVCashmere

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 GT Vert w/Steeda lower brace, PP sways, 50th wh
LOTO1953

Give it some time. There will be a spoiler that fits a Vert from some other aftermarket company.

Same thing happened with the previous generation.

CVCashmere

RLE55

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150 FX4, 2024 Mustang GT Vert PP NP
So why does opting for the PP cause a spoiler delete on the verts? The trunks on the PP GT or non PP GT are the same aren't they?

509Mike

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 F-150 4X4. Waiting on 2024 GT convertible in
Spoilers on convertibles are pretty much cosmetic. With the top down there is no airflow directed over the top and down the back window to the spoiler. My 08 convertible had one and at night with the top up it would create glare in the mirror from street lights.

IMG_0991.jpeg

RLE55

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150 FX4, 2024 Mustang GT Vert PP NP
Spoilers on convertibles are pretty much cosmetic. With the top down there is no airflow directed over the top and down the back window to the spoiler. My 08 convertible had one and at night with the top up it would create glare in the mirror from street lights.

IMG_0991.jpeg
Agree, its cosmetic and IMO the small blade spoiler makes the back end not so blah. I'm just not understanding why some vert models you're not forced into spoiler delete. Apparently, it has something to do with whether you get the PP or NIte Pony Pkg.

509Mike

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 F-150 4X4. Waiting on 2024 GT convertible in
Agree, its cosmetic and IMO the small blade spoiler makes the back end not so blah. I'm just not understanding why some vert models you're not forced into spoiler delete. Apparently, it has something to do with whether you get the PP or NIte Pony Pkg.
Personally I prefer the no spoiler look on my 24 convertible. I think it’s a cleaner look.

IMG_1271.jpeg

IMG_1272.jpeg
Sponsored