• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Question on DH Wheel Lip Molding

Matty V

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang Dark Horse
Picked up my DH w/ HP yesterday. Inspection went great except for missing front lip Molding. Dealership said nothing like that arrived but if it ships separately will call me. There are people posting their cars and I notice that some have it, so assumed it came with Handling Package. Does someone know if it's supposed to be included or part number that I can pursue with Ford or Dealership? (Included pic of mine and one of many online that have it)
S650 Mustang Question on DH Wheel Lip Molding 20231112_081404
S650 Mustang Question on DH Wheel Lip Molding FB_IMG_1699799397971

S650 Mustang Question on DH Wheel Lip Molding 20231112_081404
Sponsored

Dena

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
96 Mustang GT, 24 Red Dark horse premium Manual
I don't have them either. It's probably there to protect the edge from what the wider tires kick up. As I have the standard tires, they fit nicely within the body of the car.

OP
OP
Matty V

Matty V

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang Dark Horse
I don't have them either. It's probably there to protect the edge from what the wider tires kick up. As I have the standard tires, they fit nicely within the body of the car.
That's my thought, but I have the 310/315 tires. Who knows Fords thought process though...

Dragster

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT PP
OP, they are supposed to be there for all handling pack cars. IIRC, they ship in the trunk along with the front splitter and are installed by the dealer. Your dealer should tell Ford that they’re missing and get a new pair shipped out.

OP
OP
Matty V

Matty V

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang Dark Horse
OP, they are supposed to be there for all handling pack cars. IIRC, they ship in the trunk along with the front splitter and are installed by the dealer. Your dealer should tell Ford that they’re missing and get a new pair shipped out.
You are amazing and thank you! I will get with them Monday. I thought something was off. This car is such a blast to drive!

roket

Threads
Reaction score
Website
roket333.github.io
Vehicle(s)
2024 Ford Mustang Dark Horse
Should be shipped in the trunk ..dealer suppose to instal them .. someone at the dealer probably stealing them and selling them online ..I would check on this
exactly this. every single handling package Dark Horse has the wheel lip moldings and the little diffusers behind the front wheels in the trunk, along with the gurney flap. it sounds like someone plans to sell them for their gain, and i recommend getting the sales manager or general manager involved

OP
OP
Matty V

Matty V

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang Dark Horse
Should be shipped in the trunk ..dealer suppose to install them .. someone at the dealer probably stealing them and selling them online ..you would be surprised what people would do to make a buck …I would check on this
This is why I love this forum! You all are so helpful! I'm on it! I'm getting what I paid for.

REV745DH24

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Dark Horse
I would love to have dark horse rear wheel lip protection too!! Anyone know of one out there on the website. Let us know too!

Thanks,

Lidsoff

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Darkhorse #0627
Picked up my DH w/ HP yesterday. Inspection went great except for missing front lip Molding. Dealership said nothing like that arrived but if it ships separately will call me. There are people posting their cars and I notice that some have it, so assumed it came with Handling Package. Does someone know if it's supposed to be included or part number that I can pursue with Ford or Dealership? (Included pic of mine and one of many online that have it)
Apart of the inspection before departing the factory is to have those lips 100% if you have the HP. Which you clearly do. The tech that did your pre-delivery inspection should of pointed it out but probably didn't care enough to speak up. Contact your sales guy about it if you haven't already it'll be an easier route to get em.

Pyroguy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Waiting
Everything for HP is shipped in the car. Front splitter, wheel lips, front wheel strakes. Are all supposed be installed by the dealer per PDI. Gurney flap is in the car too, but not required for dealer to install per PDI, but mine did. Toe hook and floor mats were also in the trunk. Check behind the front wheels to see is your strakes are missing too.

S650 Mustang Question on DH Wheel Lip Molding 20230905_165740

erocker

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'24 Mustang GT Premium, '09 Lexus IS250 AWD
I got a wad of cash to throw at the company that makes these for GT's with performance package.

timd38

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S550 GT/CS, C6 Corvette, 1997 GT Convertable
My dealership said they were not there and parts director was ordering them until I went to the trunk and handed them to her. They found the splitter, but not the fender trim….

JoseG

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Dark Horse Non-HP
Everything for HP is shipped in the car. Front splitter, wheel lips, front wheel strakes. Are all supposed be installed by the dealer per PDI. Gurney flap is in the car too, but not required for dealer to install per PDI, but mine did. Toe hook and floor mats were also in the trunk. Check behind the front wheels to see is your strakes are missing too.

20230905_165740.jpg
Would you by chance have parts numbers for the L/R fender trim pieces? Picked up a DH without the handling package. I was able to source an OEM front splitter and just need to complete the look with said fender pieces. Any help is appreciated!!!
Sponsored