• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Posting Problems Still Not Corrected

Baldilocks

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT Premium California Special
No matter how I connect and reply to a post, it still doesn't refresh after the post. This leads to a lot of double posting. I see this happens a lot and has been for months. Any chance someone is going to look into it?
Sponsored

REV745DH24

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Dark Horse
No matter how I connect and reply to a post, it still doesn't refresh after the post. This leads to a lot of double posting. I see this happens a lot and has been for months. Any chance someone is going to look into it?
I am having the same problem once awhile! After I post then refresh it and see two posted and I just go ahead and delete one! That’s the only way to resolve it!

DevilDog

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT on order
I am having the same problem once awhile! After I post then refresh it and see two posted and I just go ahead and delete one! That’s the only way to resolve it!
Ditto. :like:

Dena

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
96 Mustang GT, 24 Red Dark horse premium Manual
I have see the problem as well and when I think it happens, I make a copy of the post in my computer clipboard by highlighting the text and using COPY. I then refresh the page and check to see of the post was made. If not, I have the copy in my clipboard should I need to redo the post.
When you get duplicate posts, you have the option of deleting them and I do. I note in the comment that it was a duplicate post.
It's not likely this one will get fixed soon. It's not very reproducible so it will be difficult to find the problem.

Skye

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
"Skye" Mach1 N2144
Occasionally, the site/server/app seems strained. I post something, wait and nothing displays.

I learned to first post as always. If not seen in a reasonable time, I then click the "forums" tab. I could tell by the icons my post was there.

The hesitation, when it is occurring, I do not see any feedback (error codes). It's like something else is going on in the background, consuming cycles or memory and I simply have to wait in line. Maybe the underlying server app is hesitating for some reason.

Doesn't happen all the time. Every few days for me.

@Tony Alonso @Jarstang

Jarstang

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford
To everyone experiencing this:

- is this happening on the iOS app, mobile browser and/or desktop browser?

Skye

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
"Skye" Mach1 N2144
For me, desktop browser. Macbook with Chrome.

FWIW, as it happens from now on, I'll get you some dates and times, so as to correlate.

OP
OP
Baldilocks

Baldilocks

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)

iOS app,

Chrome, Safari and Firefox. (PC)

Last edited:

marcekb

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT Premium, 2024 GT Premium ordered

iOS app, phone and tablet.

OP
OP
Baldilocks

Baldilocks

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)

I ran vBulletin forums for a while and it was usually caused by some add-on. Not familiar with how this platform works on the Admin side.

5.0ALM

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 RAV4 Cruiser, S650 allocated, waiting...

I'm using Firefox browser on a desktop and laptop, both Win 10.
Happening with latest Firefox v 120.0.1 (released 30-Nov-23), v 120.0.0 (released 21-Nov-23), v 119.0.1 (released 7-Nov-23).

I first noticed the double posting around mid November.
More accurately, when submitting a post it doesn't reload the page with your new post.
This gives the illusion that the post failed submission.
People would then re-click "Post reply" over and over until they see something.

It seemed odd on the first time, and I simply deleted the duplicate.
(Unlike a lot of lazy posters who don't even bother deleting all their [incredibly obvious] duplicates).

So I spent some time and selectively culled 100's MB of crap that had accumulated on the desktop Firefox cache.
Things then appeared to be normal when posting, but that didn't last, so it does appears to be an intermittent on the server side, not the client side. It was just a co-incidence that when I culled my cache it behaved for a few posts on this forum.

What I've been doing for weeks, annoyingly, is click "Post reply" and then open a new browser tab, go to the 7G Forum and check that my new post actully appears. I then go to the original tab (which still gives the illusion that nothing was posted) and backspace to erase the content. otherwise my content will appear when I next revisit the same topic. Once I have cleared the content, I close that tab. And continue using the forum in the new tab I opened.
It's been a real PITA.

I regret not posting about this on the first instance, but thought it may have been a new Firefox related "thing" on my end.

For a change, I'm actually typing this post in Chrome (on the W10 desktop) just to see if I get a random duplicate.

5.0ALM

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nope, it submitted, and refreshed the page with my new post.
I'll try to remember to use Chrome more often, to see if that was random, or it is indeed browser specific.

5.0ALM

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
@Jarstang do you mind if we "report" any duplicate posts, for you to remove?
Some are just lazy beyond words, and fail to self delete their own dups... and the Forums could do with a clean up.

Dena

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
96 Mustang GT, 24 Red Dark horse premium Manual

I only post with a Mac desktop or laptop running 12.7.1 Safari. I have reach the end of life for the hardware and can't upgrade above Monterey. This year it was a new car. Probably next year I will be updating computers when the OS updates stop coming.

5.0ALM

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ok, just posted with Google Chrome, and it's also problematic.
Didn't reload the page with my new post after pressing "Post reply".
Considering these browsers use different engines, this is definitely not client side.

I've also been having a similar drama with another website, which started in November as well.
You click on a link to clear notifications... and it doesn't refresh that component of the webpage.

This is a server side JavaScript/AJAX issue.
Sponsored