• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Pedal Commander Compatibility?

LoWeLL216

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT
I figured it was only changing throttle response as well (which is kind of expensive if only that), but it says it increases horsepower and torque...among other things. Is that real?

1698288107542.png
I don't believe that's true although maybe someone with better information than I can chime in.

If, by increasing low/mid-range HP and torque, they mean by simply giving it more throttle than maybe - but that's a stretch...

I don't think any any throttle modulator increases HP unless it's part of a greater tune which this device isn't.
Sponsored

marcekb

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT Premium, 2024 GT Premium ordered
Well I ordered one - plan on installing this weekend so I'll post up results. If it doesn't work I'll just return it ;)
I look forward to hearing.

LoWeLL216

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT
Well I ordered one - plan on installing this weekend so I'll post up results. If it doesn't work I'll just return it ;)
Installed without issue - very easy and works as described. I'm still playing with the different modes, but it's pretty fun.

One thing - in my manual GT, the reverse safety does NOT work. It reads as unavailable. That said, it don't need it - the car isn't "twitchy" at all. Currently using on "Sport" Level 6.

I ordered model 64310 as others noted.

Last edited:

marcekb

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT Premium, 2024 GT Premium ordered
Installed without issue - very easy and works as described. I'm still playing with the different modes, but it's pretty fun.

One thing - in my manual GT, the reverse safety does NOT work. It reads as unavailable. That said, it don't need it - the car isn't "twitchy" at all. Currently using on "Sport" Level 6.

I ordered model 64310 as others noted.
What do you think at this point? It sounds intriguing so far. I have the 6MT too.

LoWeLL216

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT
What do you think at this point? It sounds intriguing so far. I have the 6MT too.
I'm on travel right now so didn't have much time to really mess with it. First impressions are it's "OK" - maybe I need to dial it up some.

RLE55

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150 FX4, 2024 Mustang GT Vert PP NP
Once tuners are able to unlock the ECM, any throttle lag can be corrected via a performance tune.

Pandajoshy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT
Once tuners are able to unlock the ECM, any throttle lag can be corrected via a performance tune.
Right, but I'd rather not have to get my ECU flashed to address the throttle lag when I can use a plug and play throttle control, to avoid warranty issues. I wonder if Ford Performance will come out with a tune. They have for the previous two Gen Mustangs.

Thank you for your service by the way. I have 12 more years until retirement 🫠

RLE55

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150 FX4, 2024 Mustang GT Vert PP NP
Right, but I'd rather not have to get my ECU flashed to address the throttle lag when I can use a plug and play throttle control, to avoid warranty issues. I wonder if Ford Performance will come out with a tune. They have for the previous two Gen Mustangs.

Thank you for your service by the way. I have 12 more years until retirement 🫠
Thank you. :flag:
Hang in there, the last 5 years are the hardest, but the rewards are worth it.
I think once the ECM gets unlocked, a few Performance Shops, may get Ford's blessings and ward off any potential warranty issues.

Zengineer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
It's a throttle modulator. Basically alters the pedal signal to the ECU generally increasing sensitivity.

Example: you press the throttle 25% and the modulator reports 35% to the ECU. There's no HP increase and it's not a tune. Just makes the car drive differently.

Some love them, some hate them.
I had one for a while on a 5.0 F-150. Save your money and just push harder/faster/deeper with your right foot.

LoWeLL216

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT
Hey, do you have an update on how you like or don't like it?
It's fun, but you definitely get used to it. I had to take the car in for warranty service and removed it just to avoid hassle - then I noticed not having it.

Pandajoshy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT
It's fun, but you definitely get used to it. I had to take the car in for warranty service and removed it just to avoid hassle - then I noticed not having it.
I know what you mean. I had one on my 2022 Nissan Frontier Pro4X. I could definitely tell a difference in the throttle response. That's good to know it works well with the S650. That's why I like the plug and play of a throttle controller. It's easily removable for warranty work. What setting do you have it on? And what warranty work did you have to get done?

Pandajoshy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT
Thank you. :flag:
Hang in there, the last 5 years are the hardest, but the rewards are worth it.
I think once the ECM gets unlocked, a few Performance Shops, may get Ford's blessings and ward off any potential warranty issues.
Yeah. The days are long, but the years go by fast. It doesn't feel like I've been in for 8 years already. And I bet. It's like the last few months of a deployment; it goes by so slow. It must have felt surreal to get that dd214.

One can hope. Did VMP unlock the ECU for their partnership with Whipple for their supercharger?

LoWeLL216

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT
I know what you mean. I had one on my 2022 Nissan Frontier Pro4X. I could definitely tell a difference in the throttle response. That's good to know it works well with the S650. That's why I like the plug and play of a throttle controller. It's easily removable for warranty work. What setting do you have it on? And what warranty work did you have to get done?
I think I have it on Track Level 5.

My AC stopped blowing cold. Dealer said looks like was never fully filled from factory. No idea... Weird.

Congrats to all of you. I'm a 28 year Navy guy myself. Couple more and I'll hang it up as well. Went super fast.
Sponsored