• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Ordered March 11

Spainer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT Convertible California Special
Ordered a carbonized grey gt/cs convertible with 401A and active exhaust on March 11. Never got the confirmation email yet though. Should I be concerned?

Know it’s a crap shoot but if anyone has an insight on estimated dates for VIN and delivery based on recent orders or known shortages it would be greatly appreciated. I am based just outside Toronto, Canada.

Thanks everyone. What a great group. Happy to be a part of it.
Sponsored

roadpilot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
24 Dark Horse, 21 F150 Platinum, 16 ATS4, 14 LTZ
Welcome, @Spainer. You've never received the e-mail that your order was accepted? You might want to reach out to your salesperson and ensure that they actually have allocation.

OP
OP

Spainer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Welcome, @Spainer. You've never received the e-mail that your order was accepted? You might want to reach out to your salesperson and ensure that they actually have allocation.
Thanks @roadpilot. Yes I’m going to do that today. Tried calling last night and my salesperson was gone. Hopefully no issue there.

Skye

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
"Skye" Mach1 N2144
Welcome. :fistbump:

Confirm with the dealer they've inputted your information correctly. Sometimes, they fat-finger. Others, they input their own e-mail address. Being in Canada, they might do notifications a bit different than the US. I'd not be concerned. The topic is a good conversation starter to confirm everything was put in correctly.

https://www.mustang7g.com/forums/threads/introduce-yourself-to-mustang7g.156050/

OP
OP

Spainer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Welcome. :fistbump:

Confirm with the dealer they've inputted your information correctly. Sometimes, they fat-finger. Others, they input their own e-mail address. Being in Canada, they might do notifications a bit different than the US. I'd not be concerned. The topic is a good conversation starter to confirm everything was put in correctly.

https://www.mustang7g.com/forums/threads/introduce-yourself-to-mustang7g.156050/
Thanks @Skye the anticipation is killing me 😂. Think maybe once I get an expected date I might settle down. I know it’s gonna be months but I’m struggling to accept it! 😝

roadpilot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Think maybe once I get an expected date I might settle down. I know it’s gonna be months but I’m struggling to accept it! 😝
I placed my order on 15 FEB 2024, then immediately started searching daily for available units. I actually ordered a fully loaded GT PP even though I was on the fence between it and a DH.

Eleven days later (26 FEB), I found a DH Premium that was in production (a dealer order - not a customer/retail order) for a dealership about an hour away. Long story short, I jumped on the DH and took delivery on 14 MAR, just one week after it rolled off the assembly line on 07 MAR. It had been ordered by the dealership back on 12 DEC 2023.

Good luck with your order, but don't be afraid to look around!

OP
OP

Spainer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I placed my order on 15 FEB 2024, then immediately started searching daily for available units. I actually ordered a fully loaded GT PP even though I was on the fence between it and a DH.

Eleven days later (26 FEB), I found a DH Premium that was in production (a dealer order - not a customer/retail order) for a dealership about an hour away. Long story short, I jumped on the DH and took delivery on 14 MAR, just one week after it rolled off the assembly line on 07 MAR. It had been ordered by the dealership back on 12 DEC 2023.

Good luck with your order, but don't be afraid to look around!
Great move @roadpilot ! I have been looking around for a while but want the California Special and there are none around me at all that I could find. One just showed up last week but it’s an automatic and I’m not interested in that. Also most of the California Specials have the performance pack which comes with the blue wheels which I’m not a fan of. Just a little too loud for me. Without the performance pack you get a nice carbonized grey wheel.

roadpilot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Great move @roadpilot ! I have been looking around for a while but want the California Special and there are none around me at all that I could find. One just showed up last week but it’s an automatic and I’m not interested in that. Also most of the California Specials have the performance pack which comes with the blue wheels which I’m not a fan of. Just a little too loud for me. Without the performance pack you get a nice carbonized grey wheel.
I couldn't find a DH or a GT PP optioned out with what I wanted. Every dealer order seemed to cheap out and not get ALL the good stuff on the GT, and DH were not to be found. That's why I finally ordered, but never gave up.

If I found the EXACT car I wanted but the wheels were different, I would not hesitate to strongly consider it. Wheels are easily swapped, and you can sell the OEM set to offset the cost. With your own choice of wheel, you won't be looking like every other factory CS PP, either.

On the 10R80 vs MT, I agree - get what you want or need. I can no longer drive a MT vehicle due to a traumatic car/pedestrian accident that cost me my left leg, but I sure do enjoy my auto trans performance cars!
Sponsored