• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Order Banks Closed Per Dealer? (5/24/23)

krisk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT, PP - Race Red
I searched the forums and did not see this mentioned, but my apologies if this has already been discussed. I just called my local dealer to ask them about ordering a 2024 Mustang and what the pricing and availability was. They told me they could not give me any information on pricing or availability because the order banks had not opened yet due to getting out the last of the 2023 MY. I told the rep that I know the order banks opened in March, and I was looking to find out what they charged in relation to MSRP or Invoice. She said they opened the order banks then shut them back down. Again, could not give pricing. I said thank you and hung up. That told me everything I needed to know. I will not be ordering from my local dealer. Even if the order banks are closed, they should have been able to say "We charge MSRP" or over/under, etc.

Was the sales rep accurate about the order banks being closed? That seems odd.
Sponsored

dfwford

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Ford Mustang GT Premium
I searched the forums and did not see this mentioned, but my apologies if this has already been discussed. I just called my local dealer to ask them about ordering a 2024 Mustang and what the pricing and availability was. They told me they could not give me any information on pricing or availability because the order banks had not opened yet due to getting out the last of the 2023 MY. I told the rep that I know the order banks opened in March, and I was looking to find out what they charged in relation to MSRP or Invoice. She said they opened the order banks then shut them back down. Again, could not give pricing. I said thank you and hung up. That told me everything I needed to know. I will not be ordering from my local dealer. Even if the order banks are closed, they should have been able to say "We charge MSRP" or over/under, etc.

Was the sales rep accurate about the order banks being closed? That seems odd.
Find another dealer.

If they're treating you like that now, i imagine it would only get worse once you place an order and when it's time to pick up your car.

OP
OP
krisk

krisk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Find another dealer.

If they're treating you like that now, i imagine it would only get worse once you place an order and when it's time to pick up your car.
Already done. When they wouldn't even give me a word about pricing, that told me all I need to know. I've bought several Fords, new and used, over the years and never once purchased from my local dealer either because of pricing, availability or how I was treated. I figured I'd give them a shot again since the store is 2 miles from my office. It just confirms my prior interactions, and I'm communicating with other dealers presently, one of which just confirmed the order banks are open.

LETHAL

From the D but in the NC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT
Eeeeyeah... My salesman told me the banks were not open yet (May 5th). Same time the dealer web page said "Order your new Mustang now". He stood corrected. SMh

Back2Gas

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT
My local dealer also told me order banks were closed. I drove to the next closest Ford dealer and placed an order there.

budman00000

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 C8 2021 Kia Telluride 2021 Tucson and 06 350z
OP
OP
krisk

krisk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
My local dealer also told me order banks were closed. I drove to the next closest Ford dealer and placed an order there.
I just did the same thing. I called the next closest dealer and got a quote and confirmation they could place an order. Only thing is they said they have no idea how long it would be before it could be delivered. They said they would have to submit the order to get a build date.

Back2Gas

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT
I just did the same thing. I called the next closest dealer and got a quote and confirmation they could place an order. Only thing is they said they have no idea how long it would be before it could be delivered. They said they would have to submit the order to get a build date.
Good.. No reason to give the other dealer your business if they're not willing to do the minimal amount of effort on their end and verify that order banks are open.

OP
OP
krisk

krisk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Good.. No reason to give the other dealer your business if they're not willing to do the minimal amount of effort on their end and verify that order banks are open.
Agreed. I've bought many cars over the years, and have had some very good experiences. It has made me very quick to walk away when the initial communication shows either a lack of knowledge or no desire to do a minimal amount of work to answer my questions.
Sponsored