• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

OKTB RELEASE DATE? Select Week OF Date or Month or Others

OKTB RELEASE DATE? Week Of, Month, Or?

• Total voters

budman00000

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 C8 2021 Kia Telluride 2021 Tucson and 06 350z
We are all in THE MATRIX... No release date... car doesn't exist... :crackup: :crackup: :crackup: :crackup:
Sponsored

Back2Gas

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT
Hey man, while I don't necessarily agree with the naming convention of the "Mustang" Mach-E, I can acknowledge the fact that without its existence the V8 would probably be dead.

agreywolfe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Grabber Blue Mustang GT premium w/PP
its a well known fact that car compaines use extremely high fuel mileage cars as leverage to allow them to make their high performance versions. its part of why Ford moved from the V6 to the Ecoboost, its part of why they have the F-150 Lightining. Hell, just look at the Aston Martin Cygnet, the personification of the idea that would have never been made had regulations not demanded AM reduce emissions overall.

NS90

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GFY
its a well known fact that car compaines use extremely high fuel mileage cars as leverage to allow them to make their high performance versions. its part of why Ford moved from the V6 to the Ecoboost, its part of why they have the F-150 Lightining. Hell, just look at the Aston Martin Cygnet, the personification of the idea that would have never been made had regulations not demanded AM reduce emissions overall.
This is true, but money talks and bullshit walks. F-150 ICE in the month of June outsold Mach-E and Lightning in it's entire existence. To presume the basis of the Mustang ICE is propped up by those two vehicle lines is asinine.

agreywolfe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
This is true, but money talks and bullshit walks. F-150 ICE in the month of June outsold Mach-E and Lightning in it's entire existence. To presume the basis of the Mustang ICE is propped up by those two vehicle lines is asinine. Takes money to make money
sure it sounds asinine, but if you take your head out of your ass for more than 15 seconds youll find the EPA doesnt give two shits about sales numbers, they care about overall production numbers, Ford can treat their gen 1 EVs as a loss leader all they want, their existance is what lets us keep driving these V8's wheather they sit on a lot or in a garage.

Rio Lobo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Si
Dodge can keep making 392 and HC engines to put in their cars because of all the economical cars they've been selling.

Wait, what? The next generation will be an inline 6 cylinder followed by a full electric?

The mustang would likely be an ecoboost V6 and the I4 if it weren't for the Mach and Lightning. Believe what you want, but Dodge is already telling the tale of what happened when you ignore the Cafe standards. (Hint: the Hornet wasn't built because they needed a Hellcat CUV)

Rio Lobo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Si
This is true, but money talks and bullshit walks. F-150 ICE in the month of June outsold Mach-E and Lightning in it's entire existence. To presume the basis of the Mustang ICE is propped up by those two vehicle lines is asinine.
The F150 is a different animal EPA wise. Plus it's the best selling vehicle for decades. Of course it sold more than anything else on the planet.

Ford would just stop making the ICE mustang period if it didn't have the enthusiast base and history. They already killed all their other cars because the rules are different for making trucks. Plus they could just use all the production capacity for profitable vehicles: trucks and SUVs.

Stangerous

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT Premium, 2020 Mustang GT Premium c
It's very possible.... I know meetings we're taking place just didn't expect the decision to come until tmrw / wed but I'm with you seeing is believing. Model E keeps getting hammered so they need ICE vehicles to come to the rescue to appease shareholders
Q3 reports are just around the corner. 😁

dfwford

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Ford Mustang GT Premium
I have to agree.

Plus, there's the fact that much of the tooling/architecture is already paid for with the F-150, so Ford is able to pocket a much larger share of its revenue as profit.

Now, if one said the F-150 ICE is propping up the Mustang, that would make a lot more sense.

dfwford

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
sure it sounds asinine, but if you take your head out of your ass for more than 15 seconds youll find the EPA doesnt give two shits about sales numbers, they care about overall production numbers, Ford can treat their gen 1 EVs as a loss leader all they want, their existance is what lets us keep driving these V8's wheather they sit on a lot or in a garage.
It still takes a ton of money to produce these cars though, and the EPA (or, by proxy, the Fed) isn't coughing up nearly enough of that cash, last I checked.

Common sense dictates (and even Ford's own financial statements will reveal) it is still ICE Trucks and SUVs doing much of the heavy lifting.

BTW, Ford has already admitted they're set to LOSE $4.5 Billion on their EVs. Unless the rules of math has changed, nothing from nothing gets nothing...

Rio Lobo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Si
Balancing out cafe standards was due to the electric vehicles. Profit (from a vehicle sales standpoint) is accomplished by the big trucks and SUVs. Both were needed to justify keeping a V8 mustang. A substantial enthusiast base and historic Americana help too.

dfwford

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Balancing out cafe standards was due to the electric vehicles. Profit (from a vehicle sales standpoint) is accomplished by the big trucks and SUVs. Both were needed to justify keeping a V8 mustang. A substantial enthusiast base and historic Americana help too.
That's fair.

I can go along with it being a little bit of both.

agreywolfe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
It still takes a ton of money to produce these cars though, and the EPA (or, by proxy, the Fed) isn't coughing up nearly enough of that cash, last I checked.

Common sense dictates (and even Ford's own financial statements will reveal) it is still ICE Trucks and SUVs doing much of the heavy lifting.

BTW, Ford has already admitted they're set to LOSE $4.5 Billion on their EVs. Unless the rules of math has changed, nothing from nothing gets nothing...
right but thats thinking in binaries where everything is in its own special bubble. its easier to lose 4.5 billion on EVs than it is to lose the 6-8 billion/year they make on F150s

Ford is willingly making the loss here because its what makes them the most money overall, the F150s sales justify the EVs existance as the EVs are what allow Ford to keep selling the F150s

NS90

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GFY
right but thats thinking in binaries where everything is in its own special bubble. its easier to lose 4.5 billion on EVs than it is to lose the 6-8 billion/year they make on F150s

Ford is willingly making the loss here because its what makes them the most money overall, the F150s sales justify the EVs existance as the EVs are what allow Ford to keep selling the F150s
SO my head wasn't in my ass then and I understood CAFE requirements properly. Thank you sir