• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Oil life Monitoring Issue

NVPony

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Magnetic GT PP
Had my first oil change at 5k along with the recommended service at Ford Dealership. About 2 weeks later the oil life was down to 50%.

Brought it back to the dealer, we confirmed it was physically changed. Brand new oil. Reset it again. Shows 100% Another 2 weeks and it's down to 75%. Says I have 1800 miles to my next change.

I have an appointment next week but who knows what they will say. The lead guy said it monitors the oil and tells youbut 2k miles on an oil change seems absurd.

any thoughts?

Ford, if youā€™re listening? Known issue?

itā€™s GT PP Manual
Sponsored

ListedGuru

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mercury
Had my first oil change at 5k along with the recommended service at Ford Dealership. About 2 weeks later the oil life was down to 50%.

Brought it back to the dealer, we confirmed it was physically changed. Brand new oil. Reset it again. Shows 100% Another 2 weeks and it's down to 75%. Says I have 1800 miles to my next change.

I have an appointment next week but who knows what they will say. The lead guy said it monitors the oil and tells youbut 2k miles on an oil change seems absurd.

any thoughts?

Ford, if youā€™re listening? Known issue?

itā€™s GT PP Manual
Not sure on your issue but I'm curious if your running full synthetic or not?

scazea

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT premium conv., 401a, Rapid Red
Reading this post, made me curious about my oil status. the last time i check was around 80% with 1600miles...i just checked and it says 99% :facepalm::computerrage:
something is not right...anybody else has a car that auto regenerates its oil???

ListedGuru

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mercury
Reading this post, made me curious about my oil status. the last time i check was around 80% with 1600miles...i just checked and it says 99% :facepalm::computerrage:
something is not right...anybody else has a car that auto regenerates its oil???
Wow that is really curious. So I take it your still on your original oil? My GT is scheduled to be built at the end of March so I'll be interested to see what other's have to say regarding this issue.

Also have you noticed your GT using any oil at all? I know I've read posts online that the 5.0 Coyote's can consume oil but it appears not all do? How are you liking your car so far?

DCS

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Lincoln Continental Reserve; 2024 Mustang GT
Great! Another 2024 Mustang issue with the electronics.šŸ¤¬šŸ¤¬

scazea

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT premium conv., 401a, Rapid Red
Wow that is really curious. So I take it your still on your original oil? My GT is scheduled to be built at the end of March so I'll be interested to see what other's have to say regarding this issue.

Also have you noticed your GT using any oil at all? I know I've read posts online that the 5.0 Coyote's can consume oil but it appears not all do? How are you liking your car so far?
I didn't visually check the oil, just used the app (have yet to check the car dashboard itself). And it looked like it was going down, consuming more or less same as my old 2020 Mustang. but this 99% reading surprised me!
Yes, I'm still on the first oil, have not change it yet, going on 1700miles.
and loving the car so far. Every time i start it, that cold start sound...put a smile on my face!

OP
OP

NVPony

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Magnetic GT PP

only issue is how itā€™s reading. Iā€™m certain itā€™s not a real issue. Just a digital one.

highvoltage

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT 6spd
Thatā€™s why i donā€™t use that thing! 5k oil changes with full synthetic. If i was tracking it 2500-3k changes depending on oil temps.

Skye

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
"Skye" Mach1 N2144
On the S550, the OLM ticks down 1.9% a week, and expires at the end of one year, just sitting.

Increasing is definitely a problem.

Difficult to see is ticking down so rapidly, either.

The OLM doesn't know what kind of oil is in the car. But the BCM and PCM note how often the car is driven, for how long, temperatures, etc., and deducts accordinagly.

Reads like another bug has been dicsovered:question: Gen4. Maybe they changed something to support, in error.

@Ford Motor Company

ListedGuru

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mercury
I didn't visually check the oil, just used the app (have yet to check the car dashboard itself). And it looked like it was going down, consuming more or less same as my old 2020 Mustang. but this 99% reading surprised me!
Yes, I'm still on the first oil, have not change it yet, going on 1700miles.
and loving the car so far. Every time i start it, that cold start sound...put a smile on my face!
So it looks like your 2020 Mustang was an Ecoboost per your signature? So your EB used oil as well? I don't think I've ever owned a car that used oil especially not a brand new car but I guess that's the nature of the beast (Coyote)? I sure hope I'm not buying a bunch of issues when I purchase this 24 GT. I just want something I can enjoy for 10 or more years without having to worry about a bunch of issues.

ListedGuru

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mercury
Thatā€™s why i donā€™t use that thing! 5k oil changes with full synthetic. If i was tracking it 2500-3k changes depending on oil temps.
I too plan on 5K oil change intervals with full synthetic as well. Do you find that your GT consumes oil and if so how much?

rubbertoe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT
I can't find how to see my oil life percent. Can someone tell me how to find it?
This is for a 2024 base gt.

Skye

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
"Skye" Mach1 N2144
Can someone tell me how to find it?
Should be the following. Just don't perform Step 4. Use the return arrow to exit back out.

It's also available from within the Ford Pass App.

From the 2024 Owners Manual, Printed Page 300:

RESETTING THE INTELLIGENT OIL LIFE MONITOR
1. Press Settings on the touchscreen.
2. Press Vehicle Settings.
3. Select Oil Life.
4. Press and hold the OK button until the system reset confirmation appears.

JimC

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT
I had the same thing on my car. Changed oil at 5,000 miles and last week noticed after only 1,000 miles I am at 39% oil life.

I thought maybe the update when I changed oil didn't take and I hadn't noticed it at the time. Although I was pretty sure that I checked it later that day and it showed 100% oil life and several days later showed 99% - but I was doubting myself on if I was remembering it correctly. With someone else having the same experience it must be some glitch.

I used full synthentic on the change.
Sponsored