• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Oil life Monitoring Issue

infinitemberstang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Dark Horse - Blue Ember - MT
No - it just doesn't need it plus would be pretty inconvenient on a daily driver changing the oil every few months.
IMHO preventative maintenance wins over anything else.
The world has become more capitalistic these days and there no stopping it. You reckon car manufacturers produce cars these days that could potentially last as long as your previous cars? I would rather put the $100 every 3500 miles and take care of my baby. But each to their own! đź‘Ťđź‘Ť
Sponsored

Gregs24

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang V8 GT, Ford Kuga PHEV
IMHO preventative maintenance wins over anything else.
The world has become more capitalistic these days and there no stopping it. You reckon car manufacturers produce cars these days that could potentially last as long as your previous cars? I would rather put the $100 every 3500 miles and take care of my baby. But each to their own! đź‘Ťđź‘Ť
Yes I do

My car isn't a baby - it's a daily driver and gets treated like any other daily driver. 10k miles is regular intervals and the engine will last just fine on that.

Vapor Blue GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang and CRV
Yes I do

My car isn't a baby - it's a daily driver and gets treated like any other daily driver. 10k miles is regular intervals and the engine will last just fine on that.
To each is their own but unless you have done an oil analysis I wouldn’t be so sure on 10k mile changes. There are plenty of tech videos showing a lot of Fords that did 10k oil changes and it didn’t fair well. Now, if you are running Amsoil, 10k is easy. I plan on doing an OA on my second oil change after 5k to see how the motor and oil are doing.

JimC

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT
I decided to just go ahead and reset my oil life monitor. It would only reset to 100% -- but after a couple of trips it moved to 93% and the Ford Pass App shows the correct estimated miles on the oil.
Sponsored