• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

No Mustang Scheduling This Week (5/18) - Job 1 Delay (Still TBD)

zaimer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'24 Mustang GT Premium (ordered)
My dealer shows that I am still scheduled for 6/19 (my email from Ford states 6/26). I have not been pushed back......yet.

GT premium, auto, perf pack, active exhaust, nite pony, vapor blue
When did you order & when did you receive a VIN for tracking? The whole waiting for a VIN until the car is scheduled is very odd/new to me. With every other vehicle that I've ordered you would receive a VIN a day or so after the order had been submitted..
Sponsored

Tommy Nokes

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Jeep Gr Cherokee Trailhawk, 2023 Audi Q8
When did you order & when did you receive a VIN for tracking? The whole waiting for a VIN until the car is scheduled is very odd/new to me. With every other vehicle that I've ordered you would receive a VIN a day or so after the order had been submitted..
I ordered the first day the order banks opened. I had a priority 10 on my order. The VIN email came 5/1/2023.

You may have to wait for a VIN since it is a new model that has not started production.

Tommy Nokes

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
we have the same options except color..my dealer sent me the sorry email we got..but said hang in there vin and build date coming.
I see we both have great taste!

When did you order yours and what was your priority code?

Tacticly

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ram TRX
Good thing 2024 model year goes for another 14 months thats why they won’t sweat it at the end of the day less cars will be produced as orders are canceled by customers or ford like happened in 2022 to mach 1 orders that leads to better residual for owners, winning

3 Golfer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mazada cx5,Dart, 335I, 2024 mustang(on order)
I ordered the first day the order banks opened. I had a priority 10 on my order. The VIN email came 5/1/2023.

You may have to wait for a VIN since it is a new model that has not started production.
David O'Callaghan reported that production won't start until September

budman00000

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 C8 2021 Kia Telluride 2021 Tucson and 06 350z
I see we both have great taste!

When did you order yours and what was your priority code?
3/27 priority code 19 (which I still don't understand if I was the first one at the dealer to order, and it's a large dealership. Not a one pop dealership.

Tommy Nokes

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
David O'Callaghan reported that production won't start until September
Who is that? And I highly doubt it will start that late. They would need to email everyone with orders to let them know. I could see the DH starting that late.

Rick Deppe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fusion
As every new design, I think it's been decided from the first that they will not release it before fall. They want it to be close to the beginning of year 2024 as much as they can. They'll keep stalling us, and they'll keep distracting us until September or October. But then a deep economic recession will start, and half the orders will be cancelled. Then they'll start crying about bad sales numbers.
Chevy has their new generation of pick ups out and they are calling them 2024. I drive a 2024 GMC 2500 sierra for work. Everyone that has a build date is in June. They must be planning production to start June 1st. But yes I agree with you. They should've had all their ducks in a row. They have been planning for this since 2019. Kinda stupid to shut the plant down for over a month, not making any cars. When they could still be producing the S550. Pissing off their workers

Rice0086

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Focus RS
What date did you get pushed to now? I was originally 9 May, then 26 May, now 30 May. Its a bit frustrating, but, then again, my wife waited 18 months for her C8.
Latest update is I got pushed again so from a build day 30th May to a build week 19th June

akfinfan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
24 Mustang Dark Horse - 17' Charger - 17' Ram 1500
Who TF is David O'Callaghan?

adamhixx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
n/a

dfwford

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Ford Mustang GT Premium
doubt.jpg

https://www.hotcars.com/ford-mustang-dark-horse-delay-racerx/

All I could find on "David O'Callaghan" was this seemingly unsubstantiated article that looks to be based entirely off a youtube video uploaded by the channel RacerX.

Until there's more proof, safe to say that the claim that "production won't start til September" is bs
I've seen RacerX's videos before.

And yes, he's not the most credible person. All of his information is hearsay from dubious insiders he claims to know but never disclose.

That said, it makes for good click bait to drive traffic to their sites / videos (thus more ad revenue).

adamhixx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
n/a
I've seen RacerX's videos before.

And yes, he's not the most credible person. All of his information is hearsay from dubious insiders he claims to know but never disclose.

That said, it makes for good click bait to drive traffic to their sites / videos (thus more ad revenue).
Yeah the amount of clickbait I've seen from auto industry channels on YouTube is hilarious. Especially regarding the Mustang. Apparently some people take those vids for real
Sponsored