• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

No mustang for me :(

Leos650

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang s650
Sadly couldn’t take delivery do to the high interest rates …I’m going to wait a few months and get one of the lot hopefully I can find a vapor blue with active valve and PP sitting somewhere

S650 Mustang No mustang for me :( 890FF48F-C3B9-4DFC-9C20-78A97AAC2E46

S650 Mustang No mustang for me :( 7E654EC8-E1FB-4A0E-BB42-B39FD24F3376

Sponsored

Pdaddy1280

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 GT on order
Dang, sorry to hear that. It’s tough all around with these high rates. Glad to see you have your priorities straight not over-extending yourself. Wishing you the best of luck that things turn around.

OP
OP
Leos650

Leos650

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang s650
Dang, sorry to hear that. It’s tough all around with these high rates. Glad to see you have your priorities straight not over-extending yourself. Wishing you the best of luck that things turn around.
Thank you Mate I would of payed more in interest than what I put down on the down payment that’s no win for me other than driving the car I’ve always wanted.. but what’s meant to be yours will always find its way back with better opportunities

OP
OP
Leos650

Leos650

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang s650
How much was your interest rate?
14% At 64k+ with a co-sign with a down payment of 20% percent of the car worth
They wanted 16 down but I wasn’t going to go broke for a car. of a monthly of 1100 a month. whenever I can applied for a loan again im going for the most basic spect AV, PP that spec was almost fully loaded

Lastoutlaw_21

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Kia stinger and hyundai tucson hybrid
They wanted 16 down but I wasn’t going to go broke for a car. of a monthly of 1100 a month. whenever I can applied for a loan again im going for the most basic spect AV, PP that spec was almost fully loaded
Damn! They tried to bury you in interest and debt. I would have taken the 1100 payment but the 14% and 16 down needs to be lowered alot !

OP
OP
Leos650

Leos650

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang s650
Damn! They tried to bury you in interest and debt. I would have taken the 1100 payment but the 14% and 16 down needs to be lowered alot !
Yeah I was under the impression that was the case my credit is not the best but fairly good. I even picked up a second job work 80 hours a week for nothing basically lol next time around I’ll go to my bank instead

RJV15

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Honda Civic Si
Man! Were you trying to finance this thing through a loan shark?

OP
OP
Leos650

Leos650

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang s650
Man! Were you trying to finance this thing through a loan shark?
😂😂 dude I was in awe
I got 3.9% from Ford.

Pretty sure that dealership was just trying to screw OP over. OP should have went to a credit union beforehand and at least gotten a rate from them to establish how good/bad OPs credit is.
yessss that….
I was in awe this my only second car ever yes I might of had some late payments I was young back then but now I have two good paying jobs like I was In awe also .
they told me I had 17 days to think about it since it was a holiday weekend Columbus Day banks were closed so I had to wait I get a call saying they have someone that wants to buy it and I only have till 5.. that’s why I’m going through my bank next time

Crew4991

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang, 2006 Viper
Pretty sure that dealership was just trying to screw OP over. OP should have went to a credit union beforehand and at least gotten a rate from them to establish how good/bad OPs credit is.
[/QUOTE]

Completely agree! 💯

14% on a $64k mustang is insane. The bank probably wanted that 20% down payment because on their books the car is nowhere near what they show the car is worth and they are now in their RISK OFF cycle so that means the consumer needs to pay a hell of a lot more if they want to take the vehicle. Crazy times we live in but this is exactly the result of the fed doing what they are doing and slowing down purchasing. Sorry OP. Hope you get a car you like sometime soon in the future. For now, keep test driving the cars and some dealer/bank will work with you.

agreywolfe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Grabber Blue Mustang GT premium w/PP
Yeah, also never hurts to go through a pre approval through a credit union. Mine was 15k down 6500 trade at 6.29% through USAA. Best the dealer could get was around 7.25%

Dena

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
96 Mustang GT, 24 Red Dark horse premium Manual
Talk to the bank/credit union now as that car may still be on the lot tomorrow and they may be more willing to talk if their bluff is called. It is possible that 5pm seller is vaporware.
Sponsored