• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

New to The Dragstrip

Rocket Man

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Challenger Scat Pack Shaker, 2024 GT (soon)
you've got to be kidding right? that was not the car's fault but the driver. When you start to get sideways it's time to let off the throttle. That would be like saying any 12 sec car is not for the dragstrip. How many tens of thousands of Mustangs, Camaros, Challengers and Corvettes run every week all over the country? How many lose it and hit the wall? .001%? Maybe. That guy needed the driver mod.
Sponsored

Zig

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
gt pp, Xt5 Sprt, c6 f55, 1500 z71, fatboy, sprtstr
you've got to be kidding right? that was not the car's fault but the driver. When you start to get sideways it's time to let off the throttle. That would be like saying any 12 sec car is not for the dragstrip. How many tens of thousands of Mustangs, Camaros, Challengers and Corvettes run every week all over the country? How many lose it and hit the wall? .001%? Maybe. That guy needed the driver mod.
Yeah, something went awry - try explaining that to the wife / (sig ot) - well honey i stopped by the drag strip on the way home getting groceries and you won’t believe what happened ….

Last edited:

Q6543

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1993 fox
Actually I was shocked, I have decades of experience in drag racing and much MUCH faster/higher HP cars.

Last time I had mine out (on stock tires) the car got sideways BAD breaking loose the 2/3 shift. I let out and it STILL almost floated to the wall.
I just grabbed a cheap set of drag radials from marketplace… it’s not worth it on a stock tire.
Sponsored