• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro
Yank off the comically large wing and I’m in.
IMO it needs a manual transaxle, get rid of the carbon fiber and extra racey BS and call it the DH. MSRP should be around 70-80K. The DH should have been the GT - with normal GT prices starting in the low 30s.

But what do I know? Ford seems to still have customers interested in their new stuff. Just not me.

DeluxeStang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Explorer
IMO it needs a manual transaxle, get rid of the carbon fiber and extra racey BS and call it the DH. MSRP should be around 70-80K. The DH should have been the GT - with normal GT prices starting in the low 30s.

But what do I know? Ford seems to still have customers interested in their new stuff. Just not me.
Blame American unions and government regulations for high prices. Consumers want a car with 50k worth of tech and performance for 30k, the people building it want a salary and benefit packages worth over 300k for your average worker. The government is making lots of tech like backup cameras, and emergency braking a necessary requirement for all new cars sold, with more tech requirements on the way.

I don't think people understand just how car brands are being pushed and pulled in every conceivable direction. This is going to be a controversial statement, but the only way to save the auto industry is to essentially do away with American auto workers. It's very obvious they've become nothing but a liability, a weigh dragging down the auto industry, the nations economy, and consumers.

Replace basically all of their jobs with automation, then we can talk about bringing car prices back down. Until that happens, it's gonna get a lot of worse in terms of pricing. We haven't seen anything yet compared to how bad it's gonna get.

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro
Yes, prices are high and I don't think cars need to have so many airbags and all the other expensive features, some regulated, some not. I'd also love a smaller Mustang that doesn't weigh 4,000 lbs. I think big companies often want regulations to serve as a barrier to entry. The problem is that those regulations reduce the market size, as cars become less affordable.

As an engineering exercise the GTD is cool, and previous front engine rear transaxle cars I've driven have been a significant improvement over the traditional Mustang architecture.

I just wish all that engineering development money could have been used to create something normal people could buy.

I'm sure Ford's accountants did an analysis and they thought pouring money into EVs would be a better choice instead of a production version of the GTD. unfortunately not that many people want EVs yet. A lot of people would want a production version of the GTD if Ford had bothered to follow through and make a decent volume of them, though.

Zach@Granger

Gold Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.grangerford.com
Vehicle(s)
2003 Cobra Mustang
Perfect shelf wing for tailgating !
I'm probably the wrong guy to give my opinion because I love the 5th gen ACR viper, but I'll take the big wing!

S650 Mustang Mustang GTD spotted in the wild! PXL_20230521_005227554.PORTRAIT

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro
I'm probably the wrong guy to give my opinion because I love the 5th gen ACR viper, but I'll take the big wing!

PXL_20230521_005227554.PORTRAIT.jpg
I love the ACR based on what it is capable of, but I would feel pretty goofy driving it around on the street. Hopefully the GTD will receive similarly glowing reviews.

Burnin' Rubber

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Domestic
Why does it have camo? The GTD has already been revealed. This must be another variant in development.

9secondko

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 cobra
This thing looks awesome. Too bad about the price. For that money it had better beat the c8 corvette.

DeluxeStang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Explorer
Those damn factory workers needing a good wage ruining our cars!!! Give me a break...
They already make decent money dude. When you're a factory worker who doesn't have to go to college, or trade school, don't need any sort of experience in the field prior to applying for a job, and you're basically starting with a middle class salary, with some upward mobility and decent benefits, that's not terrible.

erocker

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'24 Mustang GT Premium, '09 Lexus IS250 AWD
They already make decent money dude. When you're a factory worker who doesn't have to go to college, or trade school, don't need any sort of experience in the field prior to applying for a job, and you're basically starting with a middle class salary, with some upward mobility and decent benefits, that's not terrible.
You must of missed the part where they didn't get anything from 2008 on and had to do this to force Ford's hand to give them fair wages. But I get it, some people are company people. I'm not one of those.
Sponsored