• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Mustang GT Arrived at the Dealership in Utah

Apeman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1965 Ford Mustang Factory 260 V8 3sp, Caspian Blue
S650 Mustang Mustang GT Arrived at the Dealership in Utah 30D3613B-09B7-4693-AE1F-158C04F8C228

S650 Mustang Mustang GT Arrived at the Dealership in Utah censored 31E7538B-D1FF-4A86-95FC-09B6E9946E2F
S650 Mustang Mustang GT Arrived at the Dealership in Utah 497090AF-7ED6-4C10-8AEE-DFECD34E7123
S650 Mustang Mustang GT Arrived at the Dealership in Utah 1BB265BA-E697-472A-8227-2E36902EFAE5
S650 Mustang Mustang GT Arrived at the Dealership in Utah censored 69580079-5571-4D25-A806-321BCDBEB9D4

GEEZ IS SHE FILTHY!!

Well, my 2024 GT has finally arrived. I'll be honest, with all the hiccups in the order, the steering and brakes issues these things are shipping with, and my trip to Texas seriously eating into my down payment savings (I'm not bankrupting myself by buying this, I still have some of that savings remaining, a trade in, and really good credit), I was seriously considering cancelling this order and buying next year's model. I have yet to pick the car up, and am super freaking busy for the next two weeks, so I likely won't be able to officially take delivery for awhile. Fingers crossed the dealership will actually hold it for a couple weeks and not sell it to someone else. Will update the thread with some way better photos once it's actually in my possession.
Sponsored

Ford Motor Company

Official Ford Account
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Mustang
30D3613B-09B7-4693-AE1F-158C04F8C228.jpg

censored 31E7538B-D1FF-4A86-95FC-09B6E9946E2F.png
497090AF-7ED6-4C10-8AEE-DFECD34E7123.jpg
1BB265BA-E697-472A-8227-2E36902EFAE5.jpg
censored 69580079-5571-4D25-A806-321BCDBEB9D4.png

GEEZ IS SHE FILTHY!!

Well, my 2024 GT has finally arrived. I'll be honest, with all the hiccups in the order, the steering and brakes issues these things are shipping with, and my trip to Texas seriously eating into my down payment savings (I'm not bankrupting myself by buying this, I still have some of that savings remaining, a trade in, and really good credit), I was seriously considering cancelling this order and buying next year's model. I have yet to pick the car up, and am super freaking busy for the next two weeks, so I likely won't be able to officially take delivery for awhile. Fingers crossed the dealership will actually hold it for a couple weeks and not sell it to someone else. Will update the thread with some way better photos once it's actually in my possession.

Thanks for sharing this and congrats on the new ride!

OP
OP
Apeman

Apeman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Are you not wanting it?
I’m wanting it but I’m already feeling the buyers remorse and I haven’t even picked it up. I’m sure I’m not the only one

OP
OP
Apeman

Apeman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
But @Ford Motor Company thinks everyone should be happy happy happy!😂
Yea but FoMoCo won’t go under with a sketchy economy. Even if they can’t sell their overpriced vehicles, they’ve got enough in the bank to sit and wait on for 5-10 years at least

Lastoutlaw_21

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Kia stinger and hyundai tucson hybrid
30D3613B-09B7-4693-AE1F-158C04F8C228.jpg

censored 31E7538B-D1FF-4A86-95FC-09B6E9946E2F.png
497090AF-7ED6-4C10-8AEE-DFECD34E7123.jpg
1BB265BA-E697-472A-8227-2E36902EFAE5.jpg
censored 69580079-5571-4D25-A806-321BCDBEB9D4.png

GEEZ IS SHE FILTHY!!

Did they mark it up? I understand if some issues that people have reported have caused you to think about it. But I don't really think ford gonna have those fixed fully for awhile. They are a part of Ford DNA at this point lol. Money wise I understand you on that too. And waiting could help you save up more cash. Downside is how much more will everything cost in a yr.

LETHAL

From the D but in the NC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT
Honestly, it took me till the next day to fall in love with mine. First evening, I was like you, not sure if I had made the right decision. I guess I was overwhelmed with all the new tech BS, and was already missing the room of the Timberline I had traded. My other choice was an Explorer ST.

I am glad I got her though. Got the windows tinted and she's starting to feel like mine.

OP
OP
Apeman

Apeman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Did they mark it up? I understand if some issues that people have reported have caused you to think about it. But I don't really think ford gonna have those fixed fully for awhile. They are a part of Ford DNA at this point lol. Money wise I understand you on that too. And waiting could help you save up more cash. Downside is how much more will everything cost in a yr.
Yea that’s probably the biggest worry. I can afford the payments, but I wish I had more to put down to get even smaller payments. And with the economy looking so sketchy, my career paths aren’t exactly the ones to stay consistent and strong during a recession. Looking ahead, I’m just not sure if I’d be able to hold onto it or be able to offload it easily, if the worst were to happen.

putting my thoughts into words here helped me understand the bigger picture. I think I’m gonna cancel the car, as much as it’s gonna kill me.

marcekb

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT Premium, 2024 GT Premium ordered
I think I’m gonna cancel the car, as much as it’s gonna kill me.
Would kill me too, but I respect your reasoning and discipline around a hard choice. There will be more.

Lastoutlaw_21

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Yea that’s probably the biggest worry. I can afford the payments, but I wish I had more to put down to get even smaller payments. And with the economy looking so sketchy, my career paths aren’t exactly the ones to stay consistent and strong during a recession. Looking ahead, I’m just not sure if I’d be able to hold onto it or be able to offload it easily, if the worst were to happen.

putting my thoughts into words here helped me understand the bigger picture. I think I’m gonna cancel the car, as much as it’s gonna kill me.
I respect that man. You have to do what you have to do. I believe that you will get one man. You might just save up enough for a gt500. The stang will be after for the next 6 years. So you do have time. Keep your head up man and you will get car you want. And heck in a few yrs you might be in an even better job opportunity.

Lastoutlaw_21

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I respect that. That takes will power and wisdom to admit that. You have to do what you have to do. I believe that you will get one. You might just save up enough for a gt500. The stang will be after for the next 6 years. So you do have time. Keep your head up and you will get car you want. And heck in a few yrs you might be in an even better job opportunity.

Upacurb

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350R 2019 Roush F150 2020 Explorer

I have a rule in life.....unless I am 1000% certain....I dont make big purchases.....

If I think Im going to feel any regret....I pass.....for a purchase like this ...it just needs to feel 1000% right. I have passed on many a car because it just didnt feel right.

If you still want a Mustang..... try looking at a low mileage 18-20 PP1 with the 6 speed manual.....you could probably save quite a bit / performance is similar ....also beautiful cars.... plus no new car depreciation so if you do need to get out of it you wont take quite the same hit.....

I know this is an S650 forum....but so far they havent kicked me out lol

OP
OP
Apeman

Apeman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I was actually considering a s550
I have a rule in life.....unless I am 1000% certain....I dont make big purchases.....

If I think Im going to feel any regret....I pass.....for a purchase like this ...it just needs to feel 1000% right. I have passed on many a car because it just didnt feel right.

If you still want a Mustang..... try looking at a low mileage 18-20 PP1 with the 6 speed manual.....you could probably save quite a bit / performance is similar ....also beautiful cars.... plus no new car depreciation so if you do need to get out of it you wont take quite the same hit.....

I know this is an S650 forum....but so far they havent kicked me out lol
2 or 3 years ago but decided to wait it out for the new one. I can wait another year for ford to work out the kinks and for me to be (hopefully) more secure financially
Sponsored