• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Mustang B&O compared to Explorer B&O?

steveo1960

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 Mustang
Three channels (band) does not an eq make.
Indeed !
I use 23 band EQ in my studio all the time. Both linear and parametric varieties. I was surprised B&O went cheap on the EQ. Even the cheapest line of Pioneer, Kenwood, etc car head units have a decent EQ and filters built in.
Sponsored

cosmo73

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mach 1, 2024 GT
A few observations.
1. Compared to the B&O in my Audi, it falls short. The Explorer is a much larger car and what I would think is a better acoustical chamber. It is also uses more sound deadening insulation as the Explorer is more luxury oriented than the Mustang.
2. I know everyone is different, but with the roar of a V8 and all the other sounds(tire noise, wind, engine etc, etc), what exactly is anyone really expecting in terms of sound fidelity? I hardly ever use the stereo.
3. Source material is critical for any kind of hi-fi experience.

IMHO, sports cars and stereos simply donā€™t go together.

steveo1960

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 Mustang
A few observations.
1. Compared to the B&O in my Audi, it falls short. The Explorer is a much larger car and what I would think is a better acoustical chamber. It is also uses more sound deadening insulation as the Explorer is more luxury oriented than the Mustang.
2. I know everyone is different, but with the roar of a V8 and all the other sounds(tire noise, wind, engine etc, etc), what exactly is anyone really expecting in terms of sound fidelity? I hardly ever use the stereo.
3. Source material is critical for any kind of hi-fi experience.

IMHO, sports cars and stereos simply donā€™t go together.
Yea, I agree.
As a jazz aficionado listening to classic jazz, I was looking for a crisp and clear sounding system and while a clean, deep low end would be nice, it wasn't a must for me. In other cars I have owned, I have been partial to Infinity and JBL.
First and foremost I love listening to the car talking to me.
That's something no EV can match.

Zig

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
gt pp, Xt5 Sprt, c6 f55, 1500 z71, fatboy, sprtstr
Yea, I agree.

First and foremost I love listening to the car talking to me.
That's something no EV can match.
Although, the fuzztronic exhaust speaker from dodge is trying - just havenā€™t gotten the ā€˜rumble seatsā€™ to stay in unison after 3.5k (simulated rpm) is achieved - everyoneā€™s seat starts vibrating with its own frequency and the occupants start looking like popcorn
Sponsored