• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

MagneRide if getting air bags suspension (bagging the Mustang) ?

DxrkLucy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 5.0 mustang GT track pack 6-speed manual
Hey quick question here... ive never fooled around with putting a car on bags. But i really wanted to do so with my s650. Would it pay to get magneride if i plan on bagging the car? It may be some time before i actually get it on bags, but i just thought id throw it out there and see what the people say and their opinions... thanks!
Sponsored

Last edited by a moderator:

NegativeMultiplier

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
-
If you're getting bags there's no point in MagneRide, at least in my head. Someone correct me if I'm wrong please - In order to install bags you'll likely need to remove the entire MagneRide system. From what I saw on M6G, if the S650 operates the same way as last-gen this would also require you to get some sort of a defeater because the car will limit itself to 85 mph once it thinks something is wrong with it or it's missing.

It just seems like an unnecessary option to get if you're going to be changing the suspension setup, unless you want to keep it for if/when you want to resell the car or whatever other reason you might have.