• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

ArthurJGuy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'04 GTO, '06 GTO, '22 Expy, '22 F-250, '24 Mustang
Agree. I thought DH with the Trefeo tires were the only holdup. GT with the PP & "Summer only tires" shouldn't be a problem in building them in the Winter.
The non PP GT's get Continental tires, the PP cars get Pirelli PZeros, not the winter or all season version either.

Pirelli specifically says that if they have been stored below 40ÂşF they must be slowly returned to a temperature above 40ÂşF for at least 24 hours before they can be mounted or have air pressure changed.
Sponsored

DCS

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Lincoln Continental Reserve; 2024 Mustang GT
The non PP GT's get Continental tires, the PP cars get Pirelli PZeros, not the winter or all season version either.

Pirelli specifically says that if they have been stored below 40ÂşF they must be slowly returned to a temperature above 40ÂşF for at least 24 hours before they can be mounted or have air pressure changed.
I did not know that about the P0 tires. Where I am in Central Florida, it rarely gets below 40 in the Winter. The P0 tires sound almost as bad as the Trefeo tires!

Vapor Stang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang Gt
Yeah the P Zero tires are on the performance pack cars. I’ve seen a bunch built in dec and Jan that have been delivered to dealers in Chicago with P Zero tires.

DCS

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Yeah the P Zero tires are on the performance pack cars. I’ve seen a bunch built in dec and Jan that have been delivered to dealers in Chicago with P Zero tires.
I have done more research on the PZero tires. What is Ford thinking selling these tires during the Winter up North?

DCS

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)

My second choice tire would normally be MICHELIN PILOT SPORT 4S. However, they have similar cold weather restrictions.

Vapor Stang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang Gt
I have done more research on the PZero tires. What is Ford thinking selling these tires during the Winter up North?
I don’t see an issue with it in the colder weather. As long as you drive carefully and realize you don’t have as much traction. I use to drive a Mustang cobra year round here with performance tires and no issues. You’re just not going anywhere fast in the snow. And if someone plans on driving in the snow they will probably get blizzak snow tires anyways just for winter use.

roadpilot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
24 Dark Horse, 21 F150 Platinum, 16 ATS4, 14 LTZ
When I bought my '16 Z06, it was the first vehicle with summer only tires. I was told not only will the composition turn rock hard and provide little to no traction below a certain temperature, but you can actually damage the tires and void any semblance of warranty you might have on them simply by driving on them. I'm sure a grieving parents' attorney could make a case if you were to run little Johnny over while he was crossing the street, too. I don't know if that's true, but then again, I always garaged the Corvette during the winter months, so I didn't have to find out.
Sponsored