• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Just received a welcome letter from Ford Australia

Bossburton

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1970 Boss 302
After a number of false starts regarding when the 2024 Mustangs would arrive down under I finally received a welcome letter from Ford and a few days later my dealership Sales Manager called me with order details for my Dark Horse, Blue Ember Premium with Appearance Pack and Auto. In addition my VIN number and ETA of 21 Sept but that could change. I'm not holding my breath. Only 1000 DH are coming to Oz and word is they with all come together. With only 216 Ford dealerships many buyers have not been able to secure a DH.
Tried to complete the S650 Order Tracking List and Stats via the Forum but without a US state this proved fruitless even though there was provision for an Overseas location.
Vehicle was ordered 13 Dec 2023, (however, I had paid a deposit July 2022 for a 24 Mustang GT) and in July, 2023 I received a telephone call from the dealership giving me two hours to place an order for a DH with limited range ( three colours only here) and pricing unknown until late October 2023. I was keen to purchase after viewing the Dark Horse at the Chicago unveil In October 2022. I had to have one.
I have never owned a new Mustang but have a 1970 Boss 302 which I completed a 12 year rotisserie restoration in early 2004 and a 2002 Mustang Cobra convertible I purchased second hand in 2012 ( yes, they didn't make them for sale in the US but Australia received 100 to complete right hand conversions by Tickford here). Sold this car last November in anticipation of receiving my 2024 much earlier.
I have been an active reader of your forum and have made many notes regarding issues etc. you guys and girls have experienced since your 2024 cars arrived from last September. Hopefully some of the issues you have experienced are sorted before our cars arrive.
Sponsored

YamenGT650

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT 2024 PP
Congrats, am sure you’ll enjoy it.

My suggestion, don’t get yourself too worried with the issues. Hope that yours is not a bad apple.

Did you go for full premium with all goodies? Or forced by what dealer is choosing to import?

Karguy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Challenger 6.4 Widebody 6 speed
With Ford and GM having vacated the premises in AUS I was wondering how much these cars are going for down under...Heard taxes are crazy even worse than the US if this is even possible ?! Here in the US a well equipped DH is around $75K plus roughly 10% tax/license...

bfets

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
No Mustang yet
After a number of false starts regarding when the 2024 Mustangs would arrive down under I finally received a welcome letter from Ford and a few days later my dealership Sales Manager called me with order details for my Dark Horse, Blue Ember Premium with Appearance Pack and Auto. In addition my VIN number and ETA of 21 Sept but that could change. I'm not holding my breath. Only 1000 DH are coming to Oz and word is they with all come together. With only 216 Ford dealerships many buyers have not been able to secure a DH.
Tried to complete the S650 Order Tracking List and Stats via the Forum but without a US state this proved fruitless even though there was provision for an Overseas location.
Vehicle was ordered 13 Dec 2023, (however, I had paid a deposit July 2022 for a 24 Mustang GT) and in July, 2023 I received a telephone call from the dealership giving me two hours to place an order for a DH with limited range ( three colours only here) and pricing unknown until late October 2023. I was keen to purchase after viewing the Dark Horse at the Chicago unveil In October 2022. I had to have one.
I have never owned a new Mustang but have a 1970 Boss 302 which I completed a 12 year rotisserie restoration in early 2004 and a 2002 Mustang Cobra convertible I purchased second hand in 2012 ( yes, they didn't make them for sale in the US but Australia received 100 to complete right hand conversions by Tickford here). Sold this car last November in anticipation of receiving my 2024 much earlier.
I have been an active reader of your forum and have made many notes regarding issues etc. you guys and girls have experienced since your 2024 cars arrived from last September. Hopefully some of the issues you have experienced are sorted before our cars arrive.
A number of us here in Australia received these welcome messages in the last week. Join us in the Australia subforum for a chat if you want.

https://www.mustang7g.com/forums/forums/australia.94/

OP
OP
Bossburton

Bossburton

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1970 Boss 302

My suggestion, don’t get yourself too worried with the issues. Hope that yours is not a bad apple.

Did you go for full premium with all goodies? Or forced by what dealer is choosing to import?
Thanks for responding and I won't get too concerned about issues experienced in the USA.
We didn't get much choice with finishes for the DH. All cars will have premium interiors (as far as I know), Appearance Pack is only available with Blue Ember which costs an additional $2750 and B E paint finish $700, both plus Luxury Car Tax. The all up cost cost including dealer delivery is AUD 120,000. The most expensive Mustang from Ford Australia to date.

With Ford and GM having vacated the premises in AUS I was wondering how much these cars are going for down under...Heard taxes are crazy even worse than the US if this is even possible ?! Here in the US a well equipped DH is around $75K plus roughly 10% tax/license...
The Government imposed a Luxury Car Tax years ago to protect our vehicle manufacturers but has chosen to keep it long after manufacturing ceased, no doubt because of the dollars they collect. It's a sad day when a Mustang is regarded as a luxury vehicle. The LCT is 33% above a certain threshold which is reviewed annually, adjusted for inflation. We also have Goods and Services Tax of 10% but don't pay a tax on a tax.
The list price for a DH with auto is AUD 103,002 including both taxes. The AP is $2750 + LCT extra and only available with Blue Ember paint. Blue Ember is $750 +LCT. Recaro seats are $2950 +LCT
On a quoted price of AUD 120,00 this includes Dealer Delivery, Stamp Duty and and Registration.
This works out to about USD 77,400 at current exchange rates. Close to what you pay in the USA.

Karguy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Challenger 6.4 Widebody 6 speed
Thanks for the info ! The cheapest I have seen the DH was actually in mexico for equivalent of $75K but with I think if I remember right somewhere between 16 or 19% tax included ! In the US the prices you see are sticker plus roughly 10% tax/license depending on state...Either way a Mustang is a $50K max car...IMHO Enjoy the new car when you take possession of it even if Mad Max/Mel Gibson drove a Holden if I remember right...LOL

bfets

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
No Mustang yet
Thanks I've made a note of the web site.
Noticed your ETA is August. Interesting.
Yeah August was the previous ETA I was given from my dealer. Since then I think the building of Aussie RHD cars were pushed back a couple of months so it wont surprise me if my ETA is pushed out when I get my next update from the dealer. I'll probably get an update later this week.
Sponsored