• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Dark Horse poorly received??

Karguy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Challenger 6.4 Widebody 6 speed
Ford should have learned the lesson from the Mach 1 that was a GT with Performance Pack and Tremec for a huge premium and the DH even charging a heavier coin and then having the glitchy touchscreen instead some real performance increases like less weight , more steering feel and even better a “5.8” Coyote that offers more Torque and high rpm hp 👍That would have been more exciting instead of saying we are the only option for those who still want a V8 and like to row their own gears especially for the $70-80K OTD Ford wants for it…As you could basically the same experience for $40-50K not too long ago or even less used today !
Sponsored

GripTime

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Dark Horse, 2006 Mustang GT
You have to pay to play.

Yes you can always go faster for cheaper but if that is your argument then why not just buy a cheaper S550 and bolt on forced induction?

Or how about fox body plus twin turbo junkyard LS swap …

Or if you don’t care about noise a used tesla model 3 performance?

Well it’s because some cars have an intangible “it” factor that doesn’t show up in the numbers

Tesla is proof that speed doesn’t equal driver experience… that connection that doesn’t show up on any spreadsheet..

I mean think about the poor guys paying 300k for a classic 65 GT350… maybe someone should tell them they could have saved money to go faster?

Oh wait want something newer?
There is a 15 350R for sale for 250k and another 15 350R going to mecum this month expecting to bring 250k to 275k

Maybe someone should tell them they can buy a base S650 and strap on a whipper and go faster?
Drop the mic on this post.

roadpilot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
24 Dark Horse, 21 F150 Platinum, 16 ATS4, 14 LTZ
Ford should have learned the lesson from the Mach 1 that was a GT with Performance Pack and Tremec for a huge premium and the DH even charging a heavier coin and then having the glitchy touchscreen instead some real performance increases like less weight , more steering feel and even better a “5.8” Coyote that offers more Torque and high rpm hp 👍That would have been more exciting instead of saying we are the only option for those who still want a V8 and like to row their own gears especially for the $70-80K OTD Ford wants for it…As you could basically the same experience for $40-50K not too long ago or even less used today !
Lather. Rinse. Repeat.

Q6543

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1993 fox
Why are some of these members on this site?

it’s literally an enthusiast site for the S650…
if you’re not enthusiastic about you 2024/25 …. Not much for you over here 🤷‍♂️

topdawg4ever

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘24 Dark Horse Mustang, 2024 Ram 2500 CTD Mega Cab
I've had a lot of cars in my life. Bigger price tags, bigger horse power and faster than my Dark Horse. I truly have fun in my DH, and thats what truly matters.

roadpilot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)

The world is full of DBs, @Q6543. Easy enough to either ignore or remind them often how we think they are DBs.

Karguy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Challenger 6.4 Widebody 6 speed

I can give you an answer while some non fanboys who drove Camaros , Corvettes , Challenger and maybe even 2008-13 M3 V8s are here…Because the Mustang is the sole survivor if you want a car with the combination of n/a V8 & manual and new car smell 👍 Hope some Ford guys are here and take some notes and maybe they have a car soon that appeals to more people; A.k.a better quality , glitch free screens you dont have to touch , low and mid range Torque and a chassis with steering feel as good or maybe better than alpha from 2016 or as playful as the current M2 ! A win/win for everyone involved 👍

Zig

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
gt pp, Xt5 Sprt, c6 f55, 1500 z71, fatboy, sprtstr
I can give you an answer while some non fanboys who drove Camaros , Corvettes , Challenger and maybe even 2008-13 M3 V8s are here…Because the Mustang is the sole survivor if you want a car with the combination of n/a V8 & manual and new car smell 👍 Hope some Ford guys are here and take some notes and maybe they have a car soon that appeals to more people; A.k.a better quality , glitch free screens you dont have to touch , low and mid range Torque and a chassis with steering feel as good or maybe better than alpha from 2016 or as playful as the current M2 ! A win/win for everyone involved 👍
last-v8-back-2-the-max-pinnacles.jpg

roadpilot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lather. Rinse. Repeat.

snakeyes

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 MACH 1
So as I look into purchasing my Dark Horse a few things are apparent. I’ve been to 4 dealers for reference.

1. They are sitting in showrooms with no dealer markup. That’s good news and bad news.
2. The dealers generally know very little about them. And seem disinterested in selling them.
3. The highest percentage of reviews on YouTube seem negative or MEH.

I’ll say that I was able to test drive a 6sp DH Thursday and truly loved the car. Obviously I wasn’t on the track or drag strip. But from an overall awesome interior, the sweet Tremec and overall fun factor I was impressed.

I’m guessing the price point, interest rates and the enthusiast’s continued love of the 2018 GT350 seems to have stalled any excitement for the DH.
Just wondered what others thoughts are.
Well I had one or order and cancelled my order. Wanted to wait until these times happened as I knew they would (interest hike, ADM gone, slow sales). I'm glad I did cause I just decided to go forward but with a GT Premium Performance Pack build instead basically a DH without the same wheels and tires. Glad I did saved myself $10,000 and Ford is now offering 3.9 on 60 for Mustangs ...👍

GripTime

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Dark Horse, 2006 Mustang GT
https://www.ford.com/help/contact/

Zengineer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
The idea that the DH is poorly received just because every single one isn't sold immediately with a dealer market adjustment is nonsense. As far as sales figures, anyone in the car business knows that year over year sales volume comparisons lately need about a dozen footnotes and asterisks, and are still dubious at best. Pandemic, UAW strike, supply chain issues (not all were pandemic related), interest rates, political unrest, inflation.

Ford put together a track/appearance oriented option package and successfully marketed it as a different Mustang. Every one they sell above zero per year is a win for them. A bunch of outlier enthusiasts bitching about pricing, build times and lap times vs a BMW is barely even on Ford's radar. Their customers are the dealers.
Sponsored

Last edited: