• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Is the Dark Horse base spoiler the same as the HP spoiler?

OP
OP
NightSurgeX2

NightSurgeX2

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 Mach 1, 2018 Explorer Sport, 2024 Dark Horse
well worst case if the aftermarket fails with the cheap DH wing you could always wrap a carbon one
At that point it's probably getting close to $1,000+, but I guess that's still way better than the $3,000+ for OEM w gurney šŸ˜…
Sponsored

Snopro11

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F350
The two sided tape was a bear to remove stock spoiler but the hp spoiler looks so good!

Last edited:

topdawg4ever

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ā€˜24 Dark Horse Mustang, 2024 Ram 2500 CTD Mega Cab
What did you have to do, in order to remove the two sided tape? Obviously, I don't want to mess up the paint finish.

The two sided tape was a bear to remove stock spoiler but the hp spoiler looks so good!

Snopro11

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F350
What did you have to do, in order to remove the two sided tape? Obviously, I don't want to mess up the paint finish.
I just gently pulled like a bearā€¦ It takes alot of pull to get tape removal started. Base is the same as my non dh spoiler.

topdawg4ever

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ā€˜24 Dark Horse Mustang, 2024 Ram 2500 CTD Mega Cab
So the overall process isnā€™t terrible. You donā€™t have to disassemble anything other than taking off the spoiler?
I just gently pulled like a bearā€¦ It takes alot of pull to get tape removal started. Base is the same as my non dh spoiler.

OP
OP
NightSurgeX2

NightSurgeX2

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 Mach 1, 2018 Explorer Sport, 2024 Dark Horse
So the overall process isnā€™t terrible. You donā€™t have to disassemble anything other than taking off the spoiler?
You have to take off the piece that mounts to the trunk where the spoiler connects to, I believe. But it's not difficult. Plenty of YouTube videos online

MJS54

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'01 Corvette Cpe, '18 Lexus ES 350, '23 Bronco Spt
I'vd ordered the base DH with the more "subdued" spoiler. I think the HP spoiler is a bit "too much" and kind of lends itself to the "ricer" look...but, to each his own. Everyone has their preference. I do like the HP front splitter...

Saburak

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT 2021 SOLD, DH BLK BVA RECARO Ordered šŸ˜“
He clearly lacks a front splitter for the non-HP version, it will definitely be the first modification.
Sponsored