• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Is the 2024 Mustang the Best Driving Mustang Yet?

tj@steeda

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Steeda Mustang
With the S650 Mustang hitting the streets right around the corner, it's about time to see how it actually drives. We were invited out by Ford to get hands-on and behind the wheel with the new 7th generation Mustang. Two brand new engines, new transmissions, and a whole lot more changes on the exterior and interior make this a completely new generation of Mustang. We also got to see the drift brake in action as well as get to feel the EcoBoost with a Performance Pack at its limits on an autocross course. We've got more planned so stay tuned and let us know what you'd like to see in the coming months on the Steeda Youtube Channel.

Sponsored

rchandler9

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22' Ford Expedition and 14' Infiniti Q50s
Great review! I have noticed many of the reviewers talking about the light/lack of connection with the front wheels and the steering wheel. Have you heard if Ford plans to correct this before shipping the vehicles or with an over the air update to the software?

Did you get to test the Dark Horse? Does it have the same issues? I understand if you cannot answer this question until tomorrow.

Excited to see what Steeda comes up with for the aftermarket on the s650. You should definitely design a 10-speed automatic titanium shift knob for the dark horse, and match that with titanium paddle shifters that are larger than the stock paddles.

Interstellar

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
C6 Z06
Thanks for the vid Steeda! Honestly can't wait till mine comes in. Looking forward to driving it for a while then browsing y'all's catalog for upgrades!

11:27: "And none of these cars are especially great at the steering feel, but the steering feel of the Supra is the most natural of all 3"
18:10: regarding Camaro 1SS 1LE "there's not a lot of steering feel, I don't get a lot of information through the wheel, other than knowing the tires upfront are massive and I'm manipulating them around"

Would honestly be great if people stopped talking about steering feel, it's obvious manufacturers prioritize comfort over "steering feel" considering 95% of drivers don't even know what that means. Also there's more and more electronics and refinement going in modern cars, you're no longer going to get a raw feeling mass produced car.

TeamSteeda

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.steeda.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT350
Hi All - I've also seen many of the other reviewers speak negatively about the steering feel in the 2024 Mustang. My focus was more on response than feel. Let me explain...

To me, steering feel was comparable to S550. At the end of the day, it isn't a manual system, nor hydraulic. The EPAS systems have come a long way since their inception on the Mustang in 2011, but they certainly aren't as natural feeling as an old-school setup. Because the steering feel was comparable to the S550, I felt it was a moot point to mention it.

What IS different, however, is the steering ratio. The degree to which the steering wheel turns relative to the amount of steering angle in the front wheels is what changed. It's a more aggressive/shorter ratio, and in my opinion, this helps in a performance setting substantially.

As a comparison from a racing standpoint, a similar result is achieved by adding a smaller diameter steering wheel. I hope this helps!
Sponsored