• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Interior Vibration with Sport or Track Exhaust

The Ghost

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Ford Mustang GT Premium Fastback
When I'm using Active Exhaust in Sport or Track, I sometimes get a vibration somewhere in the cabin. Seems to occur more noticeably when I'm accelerating in a lower gear such as when getting on the freeway. I can't tell if it's the paneling on the passenger door, the passenger seat, or the dash, but it's definitely on the passenger side of the car. It doesn't always happen, but when it does it's kind of annoying. Doesn't seem to happen in Quiet or Normal exhaust mode.

Wondering if anyone else has experienced this.
Sponsored

Zig

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
gt pp, Xt5 Sprt, c6 f55, 1500 z71, fatboy, sprtstr
Clutch chatter?

OP
OP
The Ghost

The Ghost

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Ford Mustang GT Premium Fastback
Clutch chatter?
I'm inclined to think not because of the type of vibration I'm hearing. It sounds like interior trim to me.

JAM486HP

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT Premium
I have a areas that rattle, mainly left side dash, right rear decklid. There are others some triggered by exhaust, some by driving on a rough road. At first I was noticing them, now I am used to it, It is a noisy interior though not as bad as I was expecting. I tune them out now. Maybe one day I will try to isolate some of them.

The only noise that bothers me the is driving over 55mph with a window down, the seat belt harness (I think) behind the seat flaps around like crazy. This is a big deal cause I am not an A/C guy. In the summer I like to roll with the windows down.

Last edited:

erocker

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'24 Mustang GT Premium, '09 Lexus IS250 AWD
I had a good rattle on the seatbelt retainer that's attached to my passenger seat. There's an ABS cover on it making the noise.

Carter1776

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT Atlas Blue
I have a rattle very similar to what you described. Same situation when it occurs as well. I have narrowed it down to being in the doors, the rattle takes turns going from passenger side and drivers side, sometimes at the same time. Recently I've noticed it when I play music louder that has a louder and poppier base to it. I had an appointment with ford to fix it but I can't replicate it consistently enough to justify taking it in. I just don't want the techs to think it's fixed and then me pick the car up and it still happen. So I am learning to live with it.

A few rattles I have fixed that may be something to look at if your curious, the center display would chatter/rattle under low acceleration and bumps sometimes, pulling on it slightly while doing this will tell you if it happens or not. I took some anti vibration tape and folded it on itself a few times and wedged it between the dash and display, for tension. No noise since. Another rattle that caused me to go nuts nearly, the large plastic cover behind the rear view mirror, the clips didn't hold it steady so any low acceleration or bumps, it's would go nuts. I took it off and vibration taped the wires and connectors, then taped around all of the clips (4), then did a length of tape all around the outside edge where the windshield meets the cover. Ever since it has been quiet. As another member said. I expected rattle and it isn't as bad as I figured, every now and then it'll annoy me but I'm learning to live with it. Especially with it getting warm, I don't use the AC often, and the rattles can't be heard over the noise of everything when the window is down.

Ford Motor Company

Official Ford Account
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Mustang
When I'm using Active Exhaust in Sport or Track, I sometimes get a vibration somewhere in the cabin. Seems to occur more noticeably when I'm accelerating in a lower gear such as when getting on the freeway. I can't tell if it's the paneling on the passenger door, the passenger seat, or the dash, but it's definitely on the passenger side of the car. It doesn't always happen, but when it does it's kind of annoying. Doesn't seem to happen in Quiet or Normal exhaust mode.

Hi there! If you would like me to look into your concerns, please send over a DM with your VIN and Ford dealer info.

DevilDog

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT on order
My interior rearview mirror vibrates very badly at 65-70mph. So much so that it's distorts the image and it's difficult to make out what vehicles are behind me. If I want a clear view, I have to check my exterior rearview mirror.

Lastoutlaw_21

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Kia stinger and hyundai tucson hybrid

Yeah I get a rattle on the passenger side door and of I turn the music up, it sounds like something is knocking against the panel. But at times I have ignored it. But one I hear it and tune into it, I will constantly hear it for awhile until I stop focusing on it.

Carter1776

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT Atlas Blue
My car is at the dealer now getting rattles fixed. They seemed to have fixed my dash rattles- said they found and tightened 5 different screws in the dash. I drove it after and didn't hear the dash making noise at all. The doors still have something rattling so I dropped it back off to get those fixed as well.

Hoping after they check the doors, all the rattles will be gone. But time will tell.
Sponsored