• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

If anyone is looking for an easy way to shed about 31 pounds off the front end here you go...

Q6543

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1993 fox
I thought the restart antis caused problems… I’ll probably do either this or atx20hd or noco 700

some don’t get it… 30lbs is a big deal, I’ve been looking into brake kits also.. easy big weight savings.

helps the engine/trans/tires all live longer.
Sponsored

OP
OP
ThreePedalPlow

ThreePedalPlow

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
89 Mustang GT Vert , 2024 Mustang GT Vert
I thought the restart antis caused problems… I’ll probably do either this or atx20hd or noco 700

some don’t get it… 30lbs is a big deal, I’ve been looking into brake kits also.. easy big weight savings.

helps the engine/trans/tires all live longer.
Do you remember what problems you heard about the restart batteries? They sell it as a direct replacement they guarantee to work with any unmodified charging system. I haven't had any issues at all yet and the car has started after just sitting for several days but I'm not sure what I would be looking for other than a no start condition. All the electronics in the car are working the same as they always have. Both batteries are class H6. Maybe some people weren't charging them before install per the directions or using the wrong charger damaging the battery. The owner's manual for both the battery and the car itself are very particular about the way this install is performed and I'm sure plenty of people skip the directions being it's just a battery swap. Some people buy smaller ones but then you need to build brackets or secure it in some other fashion. I'm keeping the lead acid battery to test other electronics and as a backup.

Q6543

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1993 fox
There is a 30 page thread over on 6g, something in that thread, don’t remember specifics… just it can cause problems 🤷‍♂️

if yours is working fine is all that matters… I’d just as well save the money
Sponsored