• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

falcongtho3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 Mach 1 ; 2013 Boss 302
I'm kind of surprised a Mustang enthusiast outside of a collector would buy those used Mustang cop cars unless it was at a deep discount. You gotta know those things were ran hard and idled forever and a day.
So many non-SSP cars got treated the same. Teh history of these cars in interesting and you see a growing intrest in them at shows like Carlisle and the regional MCA events. At the Ford 100 celbration, the local police put out a blanket warning that those attending had to cover their police lights while on public roads! Where were that many at the 100.
Sponsored

ThreePedalPlow

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
89 Mustang GT Vert , 2024 Mustang GT Vert

falcongtho3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
In 2005 I was at the Woodward Dream Cruise. Saw an awesome '32 Ford Street Rod with Detroit PD deco, as well as a then current GT Mustang in cop car trim. In talking to a local officer he told us that they were drug seizure cars that were repurposed for DARE (32 Ford) or highway (Mustang) pursuit.

Dena

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
96 Mustang GT, 24 Red Dark horse premium Manual
I guess it's put up or shut up time. Sitting in our shop at work is a 87 mustang cop car. It has about 3 miles on the clock and is available for the right price. It was offered to me but one of the reasons I got the new car is because parts are getting a little difficult to find. As a car that has never seen the road or been registered, you should get a lot of miles before parts become much of an issue.

S650 Mustang Idaho State Trooper S650 Police Car Cop87stan

S650 GT

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Horse with Trailer
Why are cops allowed to have cars like this? How are they supposed to arrest someone and safely secure them in the back seat? Are they handcuffed to a special apparatus in the backseat somehow? They would like have to get in the backseat with them to even secure them to something. This makes no sense to me.
Not all police vehicles are made to be criminal transport vehicles. I thought this was common knowledge.

S650 GT

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Horse with Trailer
Our governments "have enough money" for supercharged Mustangs but "don't have enough money" to fix the roads everyone drives on. Interesting times.
If the price of fixing the roads was equal to purchase and install a supercharger on a Mustang, then they definitely would fix the road instead of putting a supercharger on a Mustang.
I don't think fixing the road costs 10-15k

Dena

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
96 Mustang GT, 24 Red Dark horse premium Manual
Poking around the internet, I found where it all started. Missing from it is they put a catalytic converter on it and to get the horse power up, they went to the marine division and grabbed the high lift marine cam. This gave the engine a bunch of low end torque that was pretty flat all the way up making it one of the fastest cars on the road.

Story of the 82 mustang

falcongtho3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Interesting link.
Had an '82 GT brand new, all $11,500 of it.
The 5.0 was initially NOT standard in the GT. It was optional until mid-year. GTs could be had with the 4 cyl, the inline 6 and the mighty 255 V8 with an automatic. I've seen all versions of them. Only the 5.0 came standard with a hood scoop. You could also get a 5.0 in a GLX hatchback as well. The first 5.0s locally that were delivered were GLXs, not GTs.
The GT was initially going to be called SS, not GT. Prototypes were biult and some found their way into the wild. The last minute name change is why many early GTs had stickers on the hatch and/or dash instead of the plastic emblem.

ThreePedalPlow

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
89 Mustang GT Vert , 2024 Mustang GT Vert
Not all police vehicles are made to be criminal transport vehicles. I thought this was common knowledge.
It is. I'm not a big fan of police motorcycles either. Just seems like they would be better off with something with 4 doors instead of calling another unit in to finish the job. Seems inefficient and a waste of tax payer gas in my opinion although calling in backup is standard in some places. There are plenty of fast enough 4 door options out there. Maybe a 4 door Tesla would be good fit for them considering all the idling they do.

S650 GT

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Horse with Trailer
It is. I'm not a big fan of police motorcycles either. Just seems like they would be better off with something with 4 doors instead of calling another unit in to finish the job. Seems inefficient and a waste of tax payer gas in my opinion although calling in backup is standard in some places. There are plenty of fast enough 4 door options out there. Maybe a 4 door Tesla would be good fit for them considering all the idling they do.
Bikes are against bikes and other small traffic that can manouver through tight areas, fast cars are against fast cars, normal cars are for normal duties and transpprt vehicles are to transport the arrested people.

Nothing strange here if you use common sense.

Lou Rizzo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Bronco Wildtrak
Why are cops allowed to have cars like this? How are they supposed to arrest someone and safely secure them in the back seat? Are they handcuffed to a special apparatus in the backseat somehow? They would like have to get in the backseat with them to even secure them to something. This makes no sense to me.
They probably call in an suv to take the guy to jail.
Sponsored