• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

LETHAL

From the D but in the NC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT
Interesting....

DCBuckeye

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 GT Premium
Sharp looking vehicle. Guess no speeding in Idaho. :D

ThreePedalPlow

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
89 Mustang GT Vert , 2024 Mustang GT Vert
Why are cops allowed to have cars like this? How are they supposed to arrest someone and safely secure them in the back seat? Are they handcuffed to a special apparatus in the backseat somehow? They would like have to get in the backseat with them to even secure them to something. This makes no sense to me.

radar

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT Convertible 5 Litre V8
Why are cops allowed to have cars like this? How are they supposed to arrest someone and safely secure them in the back seat? Are they handcuffed to a special apparatus in the backseat somehow? They would like have to get in the backseat with them to even secure them to something. This makes no sense to me.
Maybe it’s only highway patrol.
A dog squad or K9 vehicle may not have suitable rear human capacity either.

dfwford

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Ford Mustang GT Premium
I'd rather they have Mustangs (or Mustang-equivalents) than the Brodozers that are modern day SUVs / Pickups...

Last edited:

Dena

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
96 Mustang GT, 24 Red Dark horse premium Manual
It's probably a pursuit car. Once they catch them they call for transportation to haul them back if needed. The police departments did much the same thing in 1982. The smog regulation so crippled the cars that they couldn't get much over 100. When the 82 mustang became available Ford sold a bunch of them to the police to be used as pursuit cars. Unfortunately for the California highway patrol shortly after they got their first batch, it rained and the officers were unable to properly handle them so they smashed a couple.

Mustang police car

falcongtho3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 Mach 1 ; 2013 Boss 302
This has been going on since '82, when the SSP program started. Then police forces realized the resale of a used Mustang cop car was way better than a Crown Vic or Caprice. Biloxi, Miss. had an '04 Mach 1 cop car, two actually. One was lost during Katrina, the other retired after DARE work.

ThreePedalPlow

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
89 Mustang GT Vert , 2024 Mustang GT Vert
This has been going on since '82, when the SSP program started. Then police forces realized the resale of a used Mustang cop car was way better than a Crown Vic or Caprice.
I'm kind of surprised a Mustang enthusiast outside of a collector would buy those used Mustang cop cars unless it was at a deep discount. You gotta know those things were ran hard and idled forever and a day.

hemistar1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT, 2020 F-150 Lariat
Just for looks and advertisements of police presence. Back in Baltimore in my youth the cops had a 1994 GT that was all fitted out like the ones in Robocop. Used it to promote an afterschool program to help kids avoid drugs. In Virginia back in 2015 , the state troopers had a dressed up Camaro that they used to post up on the bridge tunnel. Our tax dollars at work.

509Mike

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 F-150 4X4. Waiting on 2024 GT convertible in
In the early 80s the Washington state patrol had some sweet looking unmarked stangs. Dark tinted windows and chrome wheels. I remember seeing a blue one a green one and a red one around the tri-city area.

LETHAL

From the D but in the NC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT
Shotgun or call for another unit.

North Carolina State Troopers place all prisoners in the front with all their vehicles. They do not install cages.
Sponsored